Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 11:06 AM

10 posts, read 63,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeb View Post
I checked mine today and it says it was authorized on Wed March 11 but still not in my account yet. California sucks. My family and I are using our vacation time this year to drive to Oregon to find a new place to live. It feels like we live in Mexico down here in southern California, more then 50% hispanics, most who do not speak English.
Feels Like Mexico? Hardly. Have you been to a city in Mexico? Nowhere near. If you are talking about the people than, well if you think about it what part of the country is it over here? Chances are they, 'Hispanics', were here long long before your parents or grandparents were. You can't just label all hispanics and Mexico people. What does that mean? You can't just shove aside a whole race beacuse it is inconveniant, this was their land!! As for the illegals that you may be reffering to, well if there wasn't a demand for their cheap labor up here there wouldn't be so many. Hipocrits!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeb View Post
I checked mine today and it says it was authorized on Wed March 11 but still not in my account yet. California sucks. My family and I are using our vacation time this year to drive to Oregon to find a new place to live. It feels like we live in Mexico down here in southern California, more then 50% hispanics, most who do not speak English.
Oh, and I speakee engleesh........As a matter of fact I was born right here in SoCal. If you only knew the hard work these people do. Unbelieveable the lack of education allot of these yahoos lack. Maybe you will feel more at home in Alabama or Arkansas..........There are less hispanics there, but you will see them cutting the lawns and making the food and washing the dishes in restaurants and raising people's kids and working construction and working the fields, yes the fields where other people cannot last a day, I am tired of people saying , 'They are taking all of our jobs'. Right 7 an hour? Cheaper, Faster and Better. Tha's the type of work that is done....Face reality, read a book.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontHateEducate View Post
Oh, and I speakee engleesh........As a matter of fact I was born right here in SoCal. If you only knew the hard work these people do. Unbelieveable the lack of education allot of these yahoos lack. Maybe you will feel more at home in Alabama or Arkansas..........There are less hispanics there, but you will see them cutting the lawns and making the food and washing the dishes in restaurants and raising people's kids and working construction and working the fields, yes the fields where other people cannot last a day, I am tired of people saying , 'They are taking all of our jobs'. Right 7 an hour? Cheaper, Faster and Better. Tha's the type of work that is done....Face reality, read a book.
Lots of Indians in Oregon, is that ok?

Old 03-17-2009, 11:25 AM

50 posts, read 270,386 times
Quote:
Oh, and I speakee engleesh........As a matter of fact I was born right here in SoCal. If you only knew the hard work these people do. Unbelieveable the lack of education allot of these yahoos lack.
Really? Are you being serious when you wrote that?

Old 03-17-2009, 01:01 PM

1,323 posts, read 4,683,338 times
I thought this thread was related to California State Income Tax Refunds.

My state income tax refund was received today.

Last edited by jguillot; 03-17-2009 at 01:19 PM.. Reason: Added more info.

Old 03-20-2009, 05:19 PM
fvw

1 posts, read 3,040 times
I lived in S. Cal for the past 20 years. I am Asian, and am expecting more than $4,000 in State tax refund which I have not received. I do not like the situation. But I will never vent my frustration on the "50% hispanic who do not speak English". It is a dangerous thing when we blame one race or one group of people on the current situation. Be fair and be patient, please.

Old 03-21-2009, 05:49 AM
ka1

1 posts, read 3,016 times
Default Wtf

It sounds like you're racist. Your comment about Mexicans makes it clear that you are not from around the West Coast. Go back home. I live in Southern CA and I am from OR -- either way neither state needs people like you. Go back to where you came from or head to the deep South where they love people like you.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:08 AM

15,083 posts, read 20,403,636 times
According to the FTB, my refund was authorized on March 19th. Yay...money!!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:45 AM
GLS

1,985 posts, read 5,365,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy77 View Post
Anyone know when we're supposed to get our CA state tax refunds? I filed over a month ago, but they said it wouldn't be until the budget was signed. I haven't received an "IOU" letter or anything either. Nothing. Anyone have the 411 on the situation? I'm getting back like $600! For the first time ever! I usually get $50 back from state.
Haven't received any refund check yet, and I suspect it will be "when they feel like it". I base this upon the fact that I am an independent contractor providing healthcare services to the State, and after lying to me for weeks that "the check is in the mail", I just received my check for DECEMBER! I would rather have my money for January and February instead of trying to survive on my $264 State income tax refund.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:56 PM

14 posts, read 45,943 times
got mine today! I got my federal on the 11th of feb so Im kinda surprised...I honestly did not think I would get anything ever...so yay !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento