Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 08:36 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,325,455 times

Advertisements

We will be spending the night in Folsom on Arpil 18th on our way to Tahoe for a week. Any suggestions for a good restaurant for dinner??

I know we will head for the nearest InandOut for lunch as soon as we get off the plane, but would like a fairly nice place for dinner, not 5 star or someplace where dinners start at $30 and wine is $20 a glass, just a middle of the road place..We would prefer to eat some place locally owned or a small chain, not a national chain like Olive Garden...

WE will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn.

Thanks for any ideas

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 11:35 AM

413 posts, read 541,374 times
This would work for me.

Chicago Fire Restaurant's Sacramento - Pizza, Salad, Wings and Bar- Home

You might also consider this for dinner or breakfast the following morning.

Bella Bru Cafe - Restaurants Folsom | Restaurant Directory - Sacramento Magazine

Old 04-01-2009, 11:52 AM

thanks,

I was beginning to think there were no restaurants in Folsom..

Nita

Old 04-01-2009, 01:13 PM

119 posts, read 516,912 times
I liked the Sudwerk in Folsom

Sudwerk Riverside Restaurant & Brewhouse - Folsom, CA

But if your tastes are different than mine you might want to search the reviews here.

Folsom Restaurants

Old 04-01-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinsac View Post

But if your tastes are different than mine you might want to search the reviews here.

Folsom Restaurants
menu sounds yummy!!!!

Nita

Old 04-01-2009, 02:45 PM

179 posts, read 766,461 times
I have never been here, but I've heard good things:

Mylapore
Phone: 916-925-6200

Address:
1760 Prairie City Road
Folsom, CA 95630

MYLAPORE AT FOLSOM, CALIFORNIA

Old 04-01-2009, 02:47 PM

590 posts, read 926,814 times
Depends on what you are after in food. (BTW, the new In-N-Out just opened at the corner of East Bidwell and Placerville Road) If you like Indian food my personal favorite is Taj India. If you like cheap quick Mexican with an American twist then you can't go wrong with Chipotle. Next door to Chipotle is Peach Pit where you can get real (read:healthy) frozen yogurt. Since you'll be by the outlet mall, and if you like sushi, you can go to Suishin Sushi. It's very good and it's just up the road about 2 minutes. Another good Mex/American restaurant just up the road from your hotel is Dos Coyote. If you like greek food that won't break the budget then shoot straight up Iron Point Road to Pita Pita. Also in the same shopping center as Pita Pita is Thai Paradise.
I've eaten and still eat at all these places and I've never had a bad meal at any of them.
I like this website for a good restaurant guide. Folsom Restaurant and Dining Guide

Old 04-01-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattinsac View Post

Folsom Restaurants
menu sounds yummy!!!!

Nita

Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 PM

424 posts, read 2,691,768 times
I like Fat's Asian Bistro at the corner of Bidwell and Iron Point (two exits up from Folsom Blvd. where your hotel is). It's a small chain owned by a Sacramento family. I've tried lots on the menu and never had a bad meal.

You'll like the Hilton Garden Inn. Should be off the highway enough to be pretty quiet. Right across from the outlets and in the parking lot for the theaters. It's also right next to Chili's if you decide to go to a chain restaurant. I think there is also a small Mexican style restaurant right behind the hotel. The Applebee's in the outlets closed. There's also a Tahoe Joe's steak house close to your hotel. If you decide to have breakfast, try the (I think this is the right name) Lake Forest Cafe. I've never been, but a lot of people love it.

People probably didn't respond right away because there's so many restaurants to pick from in Folsom.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:17 PM

132 posts, read 425,774 times
Fat's is delicious. Folsom is huge.. but given you're going to be driving on US50 to get to Tahoe, you'll need recommendations that are close to the exits on the Freeway I'm assuming. Fat's Asian Bistro is amazing. I definitely recommend them.

If you're stopping by an In-N-Out by the airport, then I'm sure you'll be coming to mine. I live right by the airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento