Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 10:46 AM

7 posts, read 28,208 times

Advertisements

Hello All,

We are planning to move from bay area to sacramento. I dont know much about Sacramento. Need some help in knowing about SAFE sacramento neighborhoods for Renting.

We would prefer to stick to Sacramento (rather than Folsom, Roseville etc) for now as I may have to commute atleast once a week to Concord / WalnutCreek.

We are looking for rents below $1000. School districts are of not much importance as we have a newborn but SAFETY is Pretty important.

Any good Apartment suggestions is a big welcome too!!!!

Greatly appreciate all the help from ya'll!!

THANKS!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 11:44 AM

3,176 posts, read 14,700,878 times
I love Midtown so I'm biased www.midtowngrid.com

I think if you are looking IN Sacramento, it's probably the best place to be. And I never had a problem with crime for ten years - so don't beleive the hype.

Other wise IN Sacramento - you don't have much choice

There's also Greenhaven area which is close to the I 5 too, but be aware it is adjacent to South Sac which is the gand ghetto area.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:39 PM

Thanks much!! Are NATOMA, North Sacramento, West Sacramento good places? I saw some good apartments in Natoma.

Thanks.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:29 PM

1,197 posts, read 4,782,902 times
NAtomas is a good area, it is newer and has a lot of track homes. It is also very diverse. I dont think of north sacramento as a good area but i could be wrong. West Sac used to be much worse, but is improving.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:19 PM

1,354 posts, read 6,377,702 times
North Sac has a bad reputation, it is a high crime area. Schools generally are not that great. I would aviod Del Paso Heights, Robla, Rio Linda (though some might disagree about RL), North Highlands, some areas of Foothill Farms, Northgate and the older parts of Natomas.

Old 04-08-2007, 09:58 PM

325 posts, read 1,473,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfguy View Post
Thanks much!! Are NATOMA, North Sacramento, West Sacramento good places? I saw some good apartments in Natoma.

Thanks.
North Natomas is where you'd probably want to rent, not South Natomas. Traffic on 5 can be a problem, and the whole area could flood if the levees fail, which I don't personally think is going to happen. Renting would be a smarter choice, IMO, than buying up there. West Sacramento is on the upswing. I have a number of friends who have bought new houses in the newer developments there. Lots of new families and I don't think crime is a problem.

Old 04-08-2007, 11:22 PM

261 posts, read 1,350,924 times
I live in an apt in N. Natomas.

Pros. Easy access to I5 and I80. Everything is new. Safe-ish. Much safer than everything else you're considering or others have suggested. Parks everywhere. Makes up for the lack of backyards.

Cons. Going downhill quickly. Graffiti is popping up on walls. Crime. Regular Sacramento stuff.

Rent: You probably can find a 1bed/1br apartment for under 1K. But I don't think you'll find any 2 bedroom places for that price. Go to rent.com and type in zipcode 95835. There are a lot of apartments in North Natomas. To reiterate what others have said, stay away from Norwood, Northgate, Robla, Rio Linda, North Sac, North Highlands. Basically if its cheap, there's a reason.

Good Luck

Old 04-09-2007, 08:45 AM

1 posts, read 5,179 times
Default Apartments

My Father-in-law owns a few apartments in the SouthLand Park area. It's off I-5, about 10 mins to downtown. and I-80.
If your interested, let me know what you are looking for and I will tell you what is available and what number to call...

Mark H.

Old 04-09-2007, 10:16 PM

256 posts, read 1,403,770 times
check carmichael, arden area they are pretty nice right off of highway 50 aka highway 80 in the bay area.... type in 95608 i believe i am moving to sacramento from the bay area too...

Old 04-12-2007, 01:14 PM

THANK YOU ALL A TON For all the Good Advice!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento