Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2009, 03:18 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,544,303 times

Advertisements

Like a weekly hot rod gathering at an old burger joint or something? I read about something like that in Roseville - anyone been to it? Any other regular events in the area for car buffs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 03:30 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,280,905 times
Check out the California Auto Museum, formerly known as the Towe Auto Museum:
Home (http://calautomuseum.org/home.html - broken link)

A lot of car clubs use the Towe's site for car shows. This summer they started a "Thursday Night Cruise-In" with discounted admission to the Museum for owners of classic or hot-rod cars. I think some folks from the Towe also hold a swap meet under Highway 50 between 20th & 22nd Street, but I don't know the schedule. The California Auto Museum is an ABSOLUTE MUST for car fanatics--they have a great collection, it's a lot of fun to visit.

There is the annual "Autorama" at Cal Expo:
2009 Sacramento Autorama

I'm not sure if Crasharama still happens--for years it was a mostly-illegal gatehring where a professional stuntman did staged crashes, they moved it to Roseville as part of a Roseville car show a couple years ago:

The Carnival,Jumpin Johnny's Crasharama,Car show and Stunt show - Photo Gallery (http://www.scorchedpistonproductions.com/wst_page4.html - broken link)

There is also a car show every second Saturday (that's this Saturday night) at Suzie Burger at 29th and P Street. Suzie Burger is the reincarnation of a classic Sacramento burger joint (there were two Suzie Burger locations, from around the 1950s to the 1970s) in a rehabbed garage/gas station.

http://www.suzieburger.com/

Old 06-09-2009, 03:39 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,724,505 times
Try Hot August Nights in Reno Hot August Nights Home Crowded as hell and a room reservation is difficult to get anywhere nearby.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humboldtrat View Post
Try Hot August Nights in Reno Hot August Nights Home Crowded as hell and a room reservation is difficult to get anywhere nearby.
I've been to Hot August Nights several times. I'm talking more about smaller, less formal weekly gatherings at local burger joints on weeknights - or local monthly shows.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:26 PM

433 posts, read 1,619,184 times
I think the Tuesday night one in Roseville still goes on, it was pretty good last time I took my Nova out there.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:51 PM

8,673 posts, read 17,280,905 times
I am really tempted to check out the Towe on Thursday nights now...and it's going to take me forever to stop calling them the Towe. I only recently stopped calling them the Towe Ford Museum, and they changed that years ago. Suzie Burger on Second Saturday sounds like fun too, although most of the Second Saturday attractions are elsewhere in Midtown.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:25 PM

These type of gatherings are signature California for me. I love summer and cars. And there's no place in the nation that matches CA in that regard. I'm really looking forward to soaking up the scene when we move back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento