Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 09:05 PM

21 posts, read 77,475 times

Advertisements

This is really great news!

That Globe Mills is "tiding up" a bit.

So, when do you think the addicts will be gone?

We ask because when they are and the building becomes safe, we would like to come by and see if it is the right place for our aunt.

No, not coming to the office for the "sales pitch". Really want to know the truth about when the addicts are officially gone.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 09:57 AM

13 posts, read 40,974 times
Default Globe Senior Apartments

I don't know when your Aunt wants to move here but you have to first be on a waiting list. Don't forget this is not an assisted living but one bedroom apartments for the active senior life style. Hope your Aunt finds a place she likes, I can only tell you and your Aunt I like it here being so close to downtown.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:25 PM

Default Good News

Rcclifford, I'm sorry I didn't answere you question about addicts at Globe Mills. Since you called me an" idoit and a scary dude" on your post I didn't think you wanted me to answere back. This place is safe and the so called addicts? I don't know who they are but I'm addicted to coffee. They have classes here for people with substance abuse, gambling etc. There is a person that has these classes and anyone who wants to come can do so without judgements being cast there way. I lived at other non senior apartments and I wished they had programs like we do here. These apartments have been here for one year (oct. 8) and a lot of great things have happened since then. We have a great manager here that really is kind and caring to all of us,and that is a great comfort to me. We all live in a world that is scary, but here I feel safe.

Old 11-05-2009, 10:07 PM

21 posts, read 77,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franks527 View Post
I don't know when your Aunt wants to move here but you have to first be on a waiting list. Don't forget this is not an assisted living but one bedroom apartments for the active senior life style. Hope your Aunt finds a place she likes, I can only tell you and your Aunt I like it here being so close to downtown.
Sent our son on a scouting visit to Globe Mills and while outside the building on 11th, he met a man, a visitor but who was also a former tenant. This guy told him at least 75% of all tenants are addicts and worse, their dealers have keys to all the buildings. He said they come and go as they choose and there is absolutely no one who attempts to stop them. All the staff have been threatened with physical violence, if any of them attempts to interfere with "their business".
There haven't been any real changes; the streets own these buildings. PERIOD!
Of course there is a waiting list. If you were a crack addict, using under a bush near 12th and C, wouldn't you rather live inside of four walls with central heating and air? DUH
If the corporation is going to choose a spokesperson, at least get the guy to spelling classes.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:45 AM

Default globe mills

Sorry, but I'm not a spokesperson for globe mills I just live here. Maybe my spelling isn't as good as your's but if you think we are all or most crack addicts, I say I type pretty good! Why don't you try out the hotel Marshall for all your needs and don't attack me. There are lots of senior apts. around the area you can go to but I think you only post here to vent for your friend Bliss. I don't like to down everything you say but you heard this from a person on the street that used to live here so I guess he got kicked out for a reason. (DUH) A lot of tennants that live here may have come from the streets but they are trying to make a new life for themselves and some get back into there old habits and end up back on the streets. Show some compassion, after all we are just a pay check away from living on the streets or going to relatives to live. I'm just an old person with time on my hands.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:36 AM

Red face personal up-date-globe mills

This thread is not being used enough by people that have lived here or want to live here, and I want to know why it is so quite. I have seen alot of things happen here at globe mills and I'm happy to report it to the public. We have are share of "bad apples" that live here but they are being evicted or leaving on their own. The management here at Globe Mills are not afraid to confront these people. It has been over a year now since the grand opening on Oct. 8 -08 and things are indeed looking up! The vacant property across from here is going to have some really nice town houses by next year and hopefully we will have a grocery store not far from 12th. street. I do live here at Globe Mills and I'm not in any way connected with the owners or the management. This place is not for all seniors just as any other place is not. I believe in a place I feel safe in and I know their are people who would not want to live here being not far from loves and fishes, I get that. If I have offended anybody on this thread, I'm sorry. I do the best I can. For those that don't know, yes we have security here, sprinklers in case of fire are in everyones apt. and in the halls, we have security cameras placed in all three buildings, NB1, NB2, and the lofts. I will have info. as it becomes avalible. P.S. I know I'm not the best typer!!

Old 11-18-2009, 10:29 PM

18 posts, read 47,329 times
Question time to come clean

After what happened here last week, I think it's time to tell the truth and expose ourselves Franks57. What do you think? Maybe we could do some good and perhaps help the next unsuspecting tenant from harm. This blog is no longer funny to me. What do you think?

Old 11-18-2009, 10:42 PM

323 posts, read 1,008,104 times
Perfect example of why people over 50 shouldn't use the internet.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:41 AM

2,511 posts, read 6,295,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exploitedsenior View Post
You sound like you know the facts.

Do you know the site: Crimereports.com? If you put in a zip code, you can see an area map with symbols of various crime activity. Yet, when I put in 95814, the zip code for Alkalai Flats/Globe Mills, it says no crime was reported for that area. This is nuts.
I live a few blocks from Globe Mills. The reason the crime reports don't appear is because there is so much of it here that most of the residents don't bother reporting it. Most people don't bother to get online and fill out a report if a bicycle is stolen or their car broken into. Last year quite a few apartments in this area were broken into. Two of my neighbors didn't bother to fill out a report. Then there is the problem of filling out reports and them not showing up on the crime maps. My apartment was broken into three times in one month. Not one of the burglaries appeared on the online map. I've made a report every time my truck was broken into. Only one of these appeared. It is very frustrating. I really wish the police department was as efficient as the parking ticket department.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:13 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,206,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC6ZLV View Post
I live a few blocks from Globe Mills. The reason the crime reports don't appear is because there is so much of it here that most of the residents don't bother reporting it. Most people don't bother to get online and fill out a report if a bicycle is stolen or their car broken into. Last year quite a few apartments in this area were broken into. Two of my neighbors didn't bother to fill out a report. Then there is the problem of filling out reports and them not showing up on the crime maps. My apartment was broken into three times in one month. Not one of the burglaries appeared on the online map. I've made a report every time my truck was broken into. Only one of these appeared. It is very frustrating. I really wish the police department was as efficient as the parking ticket department.
That is really interesting, now you have me wondering if something is happening to "cook the books" concerning crime reporting.

I know I've read some stories recently about crime going down in many areas, but now you have me thinking that perhaps it is a reporting issue, as opposed to the crime actually declining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento