Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 01:08 PM

251 posts, read 825,471 times

Advertisements

After several months of debating and visiting Folsom area, we considered all pros and cons relocating to Folsom and decided to stay in Toronto.

To tell you the truth, we didn't find real advantages of relocating.... Interesting that such move involves so many complications, that I think easier to move from Canada to any European country or Australia, than to US.

As a result of our decision, my wife got forced to quit her job and found already new one in big Canadian bank (with a little bit lesser pay if we were moving)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 03:11 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,261,634 times
ok?

Old 11-16-2009, 03:44 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Appreciate you letting us know what you decided to do here. Hopefully the City-Data discussions provided some insights allowing you to choose your direction.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Appreciate you letting us know what you decided to do here. Hopefully the City-Data discussions provided some insights allowing you to choose your direction.
Yeap. For sure!

Thanks to everyone who was answering my questions

Probably in future our family will be visiting CA for pleasure.... better that for good imho

Old 11-16-2009, 07:05 PM

599 posts, read 1,652,831 times
Great decision imo!

Old 11-16-2009, 07:51 PM

527 posts, read 1,323,604 times
What did you like about the Folsom area when you visited? In what ways was it different than Toronto? I'm curious to know.

Old 11-16-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob98LS1 View Post
What did you like about the Folsom area when you visited? In what ways was it different than Toronto? I'm curious to know.
I liked that houses are significantly cheaper in Folsom area than in Toronto suburbs...if we would sell our house in TO suburbs (average + area), we could've buy 1.5 bigger house in best Folsom areas (like Granite Bay or EDH)...
I liked that weather was hot , but not humid (during time we've been there). I liked location of the area...close to ocean, mountains, lake tahoe... I found that Folsom area town are pretty clean, espesially comparing to East coast US cities...

Comparing to Toronto...I hink that peaple here more polite and friendlier, TO area much more green, clean and secure...

Old 11-16-2009, 10:39 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
I can see your point MapleLeaf, having spent some time in Toronto myself I agree that the folks are generally friendlier and the place more green and clean (once you get away from the core city).

All depends on your priorities, but Toronto is certainly a great place to live.

San Francisco would have been a close comp for Toronto. From a daily lifestyle perspective, I would consider Sacramento to be more of a comp with London, Ontario.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-16-2009 at 10:54 PM..

Old 11-17-2009, 04:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Remember reading some of your posts. I think you made a good decision for the time being anyway. Good luck,

Nita

Old 11-17-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I can see your point MapleLeaf, having spent some time in Toronto myself I agree that the folks are generally friendlier and the place more green and clean (once you get away from the core city).

All depends on your priorities, but Toronto is certainly a great place to live.

San Francisco would have been a close comp for Toronto. From a daily lifestyle perspective, I would consider Sacramento to be more of a comp with London, Ontario.
Job relocation would've been or Folsom or Portland (OR), so SF wasn't a choice at all....
and the point here not in Folsom as a city (it's a nice area that we liked more than majority of US cities - we visited about 12-15 States, from FL to VT and OR)
Generally, talking to relatives/friends living in US, with folks on this forum...we came to conclusion that Canadian system and style of life is more suitable to our family than US one. Please don't kick me for that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento