U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-08-2010, 12:17 PM

3 posts, read 6,938 times

Advertisements

My wife and I need some advice from Bay Area and Central Valley Residents. My wife recently accepted a job in Modesto and I am about to accept an offer in Livermore. We are in a quandry as to where we should live. We have visted Modesto, Ripon, Tracy and Livermore. We are planning to rent for a few months before we decide upon a place to live.

We really liked the town of Livermore, but don't like the fact that this would mean a longer commute for my wife. The other thought is we could split the difference (live in Tracy) and then both commute.

Any thoughts on this? How long is the typical commute from Livermore to Modesto? Tracy to Livermore/Modesto? Thanks for your input!

PS-Any thoughts on the Mountain House area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 01:07 PM

286 posts, read 521,791 times
Livermore is definitely the nicest place to live out of those choices. For splitting the commute Tracy is an obvious choice, I wouldn't consider the other choices.

Old 02-08-2010, 01:58 PM

111 posts, read 285,165 times
I grew up in Livermore, I liked it there and your wife would be going against the commute (if she works days). Do you have kids? That would be a consideration if they need picking up one of you may want to be closer to their schools.

Renting for awhile will help you evaluate the traffic and the areas.

Regarding Mountain House-windy, plus there have been news stories about the number of homes in distress there, again maybe rent there before buying.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:02 AM

7 posts, read 16,181 times
Tracy seems like a reasonable choice. Driving to Modesto during rush hour wont be a problem because you'll go against traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento