Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2010, 03:28 PM

2 posts, read 2,929 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Sacto in 2 weeks, and fortunately will be living in a hotel for a month before I decide on where to settle. I will be working outside of Florin, but have no interest in living anywhere near my job. I am more interested in being near bike trails and open space, than being in the heart of activity. Of course I do have to commute everyday so that will be a factor. I am looking for a townhouse or condo with a garage. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2010, 03:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,929 times
I'm also looking at El Dorado Hills or Folsom and would like to be able to get off on Hwy 16, so any insight into that would help.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:36 PM

771 posts, read 1,581,793 times
So you're from Norway? Do you listen to Scandinavian Death Metal?

Old 02-09-2010, 02:39 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,709,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevelo View Post
So you're from Norway? Do you listen to Scandinavian Death Metal?
Nothing wrong with Scandinavian Death Metal

Old 02-09-2010, 07:48 AM

232 posts, read 632,799 times
I was thinking Minnesota.

For your month hotel time, check out http://www.marriott.com/residence-inn/travel.mi in downtown/midtown. Nice rooms, with a full kitchen. Decent hotel bar downstairs, a better bar right next door to it and much more all within walking distance. As for where to live, I am getting ready to move there myself. Folsom is a consideration for me as well because I see a few apartment complex that are right next to nice looking bike trails. I think Folsom even won some award for the amount of bike trails they have. Kinda far from work for me, but after living next to work and far from places and things I like to do on my free time, I think it better to live near the things that make you happy and commute to work. Not that work doesn't make me happy too.

Last edited by Herc130; 02-09-2010 at 07:58 AM..

Old 02-09-2010, 12:09 PM

405 posts, read 1,345,782 times
There are some good, local posters on here that will contribute (though I'm not one of them) so just be patient. Having said that, I think you're on the right track with EDH and Folsom. You might list what you can spend, how much room you need, etc.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:34 PM

4,027 posts, read 3,306,051 times
When you first move here you might check out the Sacramento American Youth Hostel. Its safe and will probably save you some money while you are trying to figure out where to live.

Sacramento Hostel - Welcome to the Sacramento Hostel

The Youth Hostel will probably have some sort of limit on the number of days you can stay at the hostel. In the classified section of the non-electronic version of the Sacramento Bee (the local daily newspaper), you will find the ads for the hotels that rent on a weekly or even monthly basis.

In terms of doing things outdoors, you might want to check out some of the following.

ASI Aquatic Center

Peak Adventures

UC Davis Campus Recreation - Outdoor Adventures

If you like doing stuff outdoors, the aquatic center is next to a bike trail that goes along the American River, and it offers a bunch of classes and activities like water skiing, crew, sailing etc. Depending on your tolerance for commuting, you might want to live in that area.

The place that tends to organize trips is the local Rei stores, there is one in Folsom, another in Roseville and one near Cal Expo.

REI Store Locator: Find an REI Store Near You

You might want to check out some of the activities put on by the Sierra Club Singles or try some of the meet up groups in Sacramento.

Sierra Club Singles

Sacramento, California Meetup Groups - Meetup.com

A few other things that might be of interest is Sacramento Ultimate Frisbee, Sacramento Volleyball and Sacramento Softball.

Sacramento Softball Complex - Department of Parks and Recreation

Sacramento Volleyball - SacVolleyball.com: You have been blocked

SUPA | Sacramento Ultimate Players Association

Lastly if you are into running/triathlons stuff you might check out some of the clubs listed here.

Northern California Running & Triathlon Clubs

Old 02-09-2010, 04:32 PM

771 posts, read 1,581,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnhams View Post
Nothing wrong with Scandinavian Death Metal
I have Amon Amarth right here in iTunes.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:56 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,709,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevelo View Post
i have amon amarth right here in itunes.
sweet!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento