Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 02:52 AM

23 posts, read 29,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Sounds like the worse time was 2010-2014
Yes ive seen all the articles. Some of it is true and some isnt. We have quite a few nosy neighbors here that call the sheriff constantly over silly things. For example kids playing the tetherball too loud and radios too loud. I know because my neighbor did that to us. I recently found out from a sheriff that she is 5150. And told me i could sue her for harrassment. Maybe the next article should be about all of the 5150s in here. I think they far out weigh the tweekers. And for sure cause more havac..lol

source: Drug culture in Sabre City Estates triggering crime, eyesores | The Press Tribune Newspaper
This is a good article but please google Sabre City Estates and see why theres that same old article over and over but never any other stories besides the fires?? Im curious. If so many things happen in here then wheres the news articles?? Please find a different one besides that one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligirlz View Post
Thats about right. All i can say is that if you bought a mobilehome in here you own the land too and the price isnt too bad. Especially for Roseville. We have the bike trails closeby. The golf course and shopping too. Just take a drive one day and drive around Sabre City to see for yourself how bad it really ISNT..

Old 08-06-2015, 03:07 AM

Most people think Sabre City is a city. Its not. Its short for Sabre City Estates. It was built in the 1950s and was built in Placer County. We had a real Sabre fighter jet stored in here on display years ago and the street names are after the generals from world war two i think. Not positive though. The only history i have found on Sabre City estates was on a placer county sewage plan page. It explains the date of the building of it and the original plan for it. I do not know how to upload it here or i would.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:27 AM

Hence we probably arent going anywhere..lol..hence because either we like it here more so than the other choices we have with our welfare and foodstamps or because we probably dont have a running car..lol! Hence we might be really on house arrest..lol...some people...

Old 08-06-2015, 09:45 AM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,124 times
Sabre City is NOT a bad place, as trailer parks go. In fact is is probably better than average as trailer parks go. But it is rather remote from most points of interest.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:03 AM

Thank you Nick. I am relieved someone agrees a little with me.

Old 08-06-2015, 11:01 AM

41 posts, read 38,167 times
We own one of the houses there and my 70-year-old best friend has lived there, safely, for the last six years.
We put an effort into the maintenance of our houses, and most of the people there, do too. There was a lot of sketchy stuff going on in the derelict buildings in the central park area, but since the county removed those buildings, things have been much quieter.
In the beginning, there were some pretty hair-raising areas but over time, the years (and human stupidity) are weeding them out pretty successfully and their replacements are a big improvement. Other than the occasional loose dog, she has no complaints and it seems to be a pretty nice place for a retired person.

Old 08-06-2015, 12:15 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailorParkGIRL View Post
Thank you Nick. I am relieved someone agrees a little with me.
More than a little. People have a bias against mobile home parks in general, but there is absolutely nothing bad about Sabre City in particular. In terms of schools for the kids, it is positively outstanding.

Old 08-06-2015, 02:36 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,837,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailorParkGIRL View Post
This is a good article but please google Sabre City Estates and see why theres that same old article over and over but never any other stories besides the fires?? Im curious. If so many things happen in here then wheres the news articles?? Please find a different one besides that one.
The only other hits are trailers for sale, costing the same or more as my 2nd house back in 1994. I cant even imagine paying that amount for a mobile home. 70-100k

Old 08-08-2015, 04:26 PM

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
You gotta live where you can afford to live and I'm sure living in Sabre City beats sleeping in your car
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
View detailed profiles of: