Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2007, 05:11 PM

179 posts, read 768,332 times

Advertisements

I was hoping to turn to this forum to get some advice/recommendations on preschools for 3 year olds in FairOaks/Carmichael (will consider driving a little further for the right pre-school). I'm looking for something 2x/week that is not a parent participation situation (I have 2 younger children at home). I don't want any type of religious school, but I have heard that there are some pre/playschools that are attached to churches that are not affiliated with any religion. I'm also interested in Waldorf or Montessori style (they are a little different, but I'm currently trying to decide which method my child will fit best in). I'd like to spend $100/month for a 2x/week program since it's mainly social experiences at this age. Any good recommendations out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 07:29 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,696,911 times
What about the Waldorf school on Fair Oaks Blvd - it's right there before you get to Old Fair Oaks

Old 06-06-2007, 12:41 AM

I'm looking into that, but the pre-school is parent participation (I believe?). Their admissions person hasn't called me back, but I'm thinking $10,000 tuition/year? $8,000? There is a Waldorf pre-school also right there on Bannister Rd. in F.O. run by a wonderful Japanese woman that I want to check out, but it's around $250/week for a 2 day program. Maybe when my child is 4 (she's 3 now) I'd be willing to pay that, but for now I just wanted something more affordable for her to socialize.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:29 PM

20 posts, read 105,791 times
Hi,

I still couldn't find the crime rate info on the internet for the area around the Mira Loma high (close to Edison + Eastern Ave). The police reports seemed not updated, and not enough info. If you're living around that area, or know it well, I'd really appreciate your info on its crime rate.

Thanks and Regards,
Duong

Old 08-22-2008, 04:45 PM

14 posts, read 54,749 times
My kids have been to both of these great preschools.

Discovery Learning Center (highly regarded by state): 966-7076
Storybook Cottage (bible stories, but not too religious):944-8992

Old 08-22-2008, 04:49 PM

Thank you for the reply. We settled on a wonderful Montessori school for our children. It's working out great and they *LOVE* it!!!!!

Old 09-01-2011, 08:24 PM

1 posts, read 3,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToThree View Post
Thank you for the reply. We settled on a wonderful Montessori school for our children. It's working out great and they *LOVE* it!!!!!
Hi, I know this post is old but I am also looking for a Montessori preschool in this area and was hoping that you could tell me what Montessori preschool you ended up choosing?? Did the cost end up being reasonable? I can't seem to find just a 2 day a week (half day program) that isn't $400 a month. Any help would be really appreciated!!! Thank you

Old 08-21-2012, 12:43 PM

23 posts, read 56,164 times
Default Will Need Daycare soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaToThree View Post
Any childcares under the Learning Care Group out there? (Childtime, TutorTime,Montessori, La Petite,Children's Courtyard). Our daughter goes to TutorTime currently. We are a lesbian couple w/ 3yr old, moving to the Sacramento area the first week of Oct 2012 from out of state. MamaToThree, can I email you as well? Got lots of questions... @ accepting neighborhoods where there might be some playmates for our child, suburbs, schools, safety. You know, blah blah,blah. Thanks

Old 08-21-2012, 03:26 PM

3,720 posts, read 9,994,639 times
Very old thread. You might want to start a new one. You can send a Direct Message by clicking on the screen name of that person. You might get a quicker answer that way. good luck with your move.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:28 PM

Mn905, sorry it took so long to get back to you! I did email you back. This is a VERY old thread and I'd be happy to share with anybody else looking for the same info.

We eventually settled on a WONDERFUL Montessori school!! Sacramento preschool - Lotus Child Montessori - Now Enrolling! and California Montessori Project - Homepage which is a free/public/charter Montessori school that is K-8. Couldn't have had a better outcome!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Sacramento