Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 04:04 AM

3 posts, read 3,614 times

Advertisements

I was surprised about the area, too! I was more surprised to hear how bad the drug problem was, not so much the meth, but the heroin shocked me. Fourteen of my son's friends from school are in jail or prison from heroin, and who knows how many he didn't know? I'm going to try to remember to ask him more about the areas so I can post it. I count my blessings every, single day that my son is okay.
Does anyone know if we're allowed to post url's? I just wrote a short article about the local water conditions for swimming.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 12:10 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,333,043 times
OK, so here is my report on Bush Park. Salem in general it is not as common to see street deals like you do in Portland or Eugene. But there are areas where you can spot the dealers. I'll never figure out why Law Enforcement can't see the same deal the average citizen sees and get these miscreants off the street, but ..... After spending two different days in Bush Park looking for illegal drug activity, I saw none. Not one deal. I think your source may be misdirecting you.

Old 06-05-2013, 06:22 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,711,783 times
I lived by Bush Park for years. Yes, the south end of it is a popular place for drug deals, though I'm not sure it's quite a "little heroine hub." It's not all that likely to happen out in the open, either, so someone hanging around looking for illegal drug activity probably won't see it.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:06 AM

I guess that is a good thing.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:19 PM

158 posts, read 517,131 times
Unfortunately, that is the mentality of our younger generation. Party, get high, and abuse yourself to whatever extent you can. Pins through the nose, eyes, lips, tattoos everywhere imaginable. In a hundred years, we will have been able to figure out just why, If we are lucky we can get the generations ahead back on track, but it looks bad.

Old 06-09-2013, 10:55 PM

Way off topic, but sadly true.

Old 12-24-2013, 11:33 AM

10 posts, read 10,283 times
I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. Every generation has its fall drug and its corrupted youth. We've seen it through history. Kids are no different then before, but use different language and socialization because of technology. Parties and drugs are more publicly vocalized because of current technology sure, but nothing has changed.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:49 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,510,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtCol88 View Post
I wouldn't say that's necessarily true. Every generation has its fall drug and its corrupted youth. We've seen it through history. Kids are no different then before, but use different language and socialization because of technology. Parties and drugs are more publicly vocalized because of current technology sure, but nothing has changed.
Probably good bit of truth in the above assessment. We know everything everywhere instantly thanks to a media that obsesses on the negative. History tells us there have always been problems, some places more than others, but the good old days are an illusion.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:34 PM

It seems the problems are worse with each generation and in larger numbers. I think it is a form of "One-up manship".

Old 01-13-2014, 09:12 AM

10 posts, read 10,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
It seems the problems are worse with each generation and in larger numbers. I think it is a form of "One-up manship".
What manner are you applying "one-up manship? to" What specific problems? The drug scene has always been the same with the exception of perhaps a new drug every generation. And we've always been a alcohol drinking, pot smoking society. As far as being tatted up, that's purely aesthetic and cannot be accounted for character (though, said tatted person could possibly be more liberal if I was to stereotype). We recognize the differences in others when their voices are publicly displayed all of the internet world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem