Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 12:00 AM

122 posts, read 193,531 times

Advertisements

Is there a way to have internet in Dallas without a home phone? I wanted Uverse so I could bundle TV/internet together but it's not available in Oregon.

Who has had good experiences with which company?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2014, 04:09 PM

899 posts, read 2,942,532 times
we are bundled with quest and direct tv and have had good luck
we have a land land line and sprint for cell phones which is not included but
we rarely use our cell phones.
call direct and see what they say .
Hope the move is going well
melanie

Old 04-07-2014, 10:34 PM

Hi Melanie and thanks for the info.

We use cell phones mostly and really have no use for a land line. I'll give Direct TV a call and see if they have a TV/Internet deal we can use.

We found a small house in Dallas - the rent is very doable, near the high school. We're (impatiently) waiting for them to finish painting and then replace the carpet. I signed and paid a deposit... the place smelled like a kennel that hadn't been cleaned in months. I really hope they get rid of the smell or I'm either out 400.00 or will be forced to deal with it. I hope the smell isn't in the wood. The property manager guy said when the wood is stained with <insert whatever smell> then they seal it and replace the carpet over it.
My fingers are crossed that they get rid of the smell and do it soon. My in-laws have been fabulous but I really need my own space if you know what I mean.
The people here in Dallas and surrounding areas have been nothing but sweet and I've found some really cool antique stores and 2nd hand stores.
I would've loved to have met some of the local landlords before our move...word of mouth is so valuable.

That answer your question? LOL

Hope this finds you well

Old 05-01-2014, 04:07 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,334,839 times
Welcome and let me know if I can help you get settled in. Your only real option without a land line is Cable through Charter.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:34 PM

We're settling in just fine. People here have been wonderful!

We went with Century link. It plugs into the phone line and we don't need a home phone to make it fly off the home phone line. Win win for us since we had to have a home phone line in order to have our internet back in California.

Pretty sweet. I have had no issues with wifi speed, disconnects or anything else. Pretty happy with it - it's been almost 3 weeks but so far so good.

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the offer for help. Everyone has been great here!

Best
L

Old 05-07-2014, 10:01 PM

899 posts, read 2,942,532 times
Linda
How did the dogs do out at Shaggy Dogs, hope they had a good time.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:41 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,334,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBoBinda View Post
We're settling in just fine. People here have been wonderful!

We went with Century link. It plugs into the phone line and we don't need a home phone to make it fly off the home phone line. Win win for us since we had to have a home phone line in order to have our internet back in California.

Pretty sweet. I have had no issues with wifi speed, disconnects or anything else. Pretty happy with it - it's been almost 3 weeks but so far so good.

Thanks Steve, I appreciate the offer for help. Everyone has been great here!

Best
L

Good news. Happy to hear you are getting settled. Internet seems to be good here for everyone. We have Century Link also. We went with the landline too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem
View detailed profiles of: