Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 13,072 times

Advertisements

That is sad for you and them, I have found that if you look for the bad you will find it no matter where you live or visit. I have chosen to get involved with the community and see it from a different perspective obviously. Maybe if you and you friends became involved your view point might change. If you see something you want changed step up instead of judging. Have an awesome day!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2010, 12:41 PM

6 posts, read 15,609 times
Having lived in the Woodburn area all of my life, I would not reccomend living in Woodburn unless you are Hispanic. The city is very biased in favor of the Hispanic population. In other words, if you are not Hispanic, you are considered a second class citizen in woodburn and you are only tolerated so that you can pay taxes to the city to give to the Hispanic majority.

Old 04-13-2010, 12:45 PM

6 posts, read 15,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by themomoffive View Post
That is sad for you and them, I have found that if you look for the bad you will find it no matter where you live or visit. I have chosen to get involved with the community and see it from a different perspective obviously. Maybe if you and you friends became involved your view point might change. If you see something you want changed step up instead of judging. Have an awesome day!!!!
I am not judging them I am just pointing out reality. I have not made the mistake of living in Woodburn, I live nearby and travel through and shop in Woodburn. It is a great city to live if you are Hispanic.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,397 times
I also live just on the outskirts of Woodburn, I grew up here and graduated from Woodburn High. It has it's plus's but NOT very many of them! The schools ARE dumbed down, the crime is terrible, the TRAFFIC is just about the worst I have seen. You have to know the time of day and what is going on so to know which way to head, don't plan on getting onto I-5 when the 'mall' or drags let out. And the problem here is not the 'Hispanic's' it IS the Illegal invaders. Yes, they DO get cattered to. We pay outrageous taxes to school them, house them, feed them and health care and ALL Free on us!

Old 01-28-2014, 09:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,562 times
Default Is Woodburn a good place to live? Harken to words of wisdom.

I have lived in woodburn for, well, a stretch. There is not much to do for young people. Beside having a large immigrant population, there is also a good sized senior citizen community and may be a good place to come if you are over 60. From reading your inquiry, I might opt to go the other direction from Salem, say, Corvallis, or Albany. These two towns make far more sense. You will find more folks your age doing what young people do-go to school, work, party. Perhaps Eugene would be big city enough, again a much younger average population than Portland and something going on all the time. No, Virgil, or Virginia,, you don't wanna live in Woodburn, trust me. PLUS, you will find yourself only about an hour from the beach-(bonus)- in Corvallis or Albany. Good luck and best wishes starting out in a new place. Welcome to Oregon

Old 01-29-2014, 09:53 AM

4,059 posts, read 5,616,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiadalene1 View Post
No, Virgil, or Virginia,, you don't wanna live in Woodburn, trust me. PLUS, you will find yourself only about an hour from the beach-(bonus)- in Corvallis or Albany. Good luck and best wishes starting out in a new place. Welcome to Oregon
FWIW this thread is 3 years old. Presumably the OP has made a decision by now.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:12 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,328,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bler144 View Post
FWIW this thread is 3 years old. Presumably the OP has made a decision by now.

The OP is not the only person who may be considering Woodburn. The recent posts shows things haven't changed since the last round of conversations.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:36 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,450,202 times
Steve,

Why don't you take a trip to Wooodburn.

It could be as enlightining to us as your recent thread about Gresham!

Can't wait to hear your observations and read your report!

Old 01-31-2014, 11:35 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,328,019 times
I have been to Woodburn three times already this year. Another trip won't change it.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,957 times
Default hopped up in hubbard

Yes Steve, things are still the same in woodburn. God forbid if you wanted to make an Italian dish good luck with that one. the few markets in town cater to the Spanish population certain food or herbs might be hard or impossible to locate in wdbn.. A few years ago I went into the laundry place in

Gervais, all the signage was in Spanish. I had to ask someone to help me figure out how to run the big machine..

.Hubbard has a huge police force and no crime. don't ever get in trouble or heresay trouble with the law. looking at the crime stats I don't even know how we are keeping police on the payroll? No crime. Aurora lost their city police force, now marion county sheriff controls this area. Same for Donald. On the other hand woodburn, Hubbard, Canby, Molalla, each has city enforcement. funny thing is look at the pops for these area and its interesting that hubbard pop 3,000 has a hue force about ratio 3.6 cops to every 100 citizens. compare to other Oregon cities.

Last edited by aw68; 11-09-2015 at 01:18 AM.. Reason: too many examples (personal)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Salem