U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 11:10 AM

1,614 posts, read 2,666,484 times

Advertisements

Looking to move back there towards the begining of next year. I am with the cable company down here In florida, I worked for dish network up there for a year or so when I lived there previously. Looking to hopefully get in with comcast so if anyone has any advice on how to get in, please help! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 03:02 PM

19,814 posts, read 55,771,747 times
Hey, glad to see you are heading back! We missed you.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-13-2010, 05:07 PM

2,447 posts, read 5,896,679 times
Heyyyy...coming home, huh?? Glad to hear it!

Old 08-13-2010, 07:55 PM

well I came back "home" but realize how much i loved it there so now were going back... for good!

anyways, if anyone has any hook ups I sure would be happy

Old 08-13-2010, 09:26 PM

Well, seeing home is where the heart is, I think, Tim, that Utah is actually your home then, right??

Old 08-14-2010, 06:40 AM

I guess so! Its a really really hard choice, my whole entire family is here and my parents LOVE our baby. My mom watches her 2 days a week when my wife works and usually babysits on a weekend night (just because she wants to). I think she has more toys over there then she does here at her own house and were most likely going to take her away from that. It sucks but ultimatly me and my wife just arent that happy here. Everything you do is so expensive, just going to beach is going to cost you atleast 20 bucks not including the other 20 that it takes in gas to get there. dont even think about a theme park, the cheapest ones are like 60-70 a person to get in and you cant bring your own food or anything so a single day is going to cost 2 people WELL over 200 dollars.

It also makes it hard leaving this company im with here. I have AWESOME benefits and halfway decent pay with a ton of potential to grow in teh company. Much better then where I was with dish netork when I was there, which is why I want to TRY to get into comcast, I knwo cable companies are REALLY hard to get in if you dont know someone typically

Old 08-14-2010, 09:56 AM

A friend of mine just quit his part time job with comcast. He only worked at a call center though. I don't know if that is easier to get into than a serviceperson.

Good luck, Tim! You have a great attitude. Any job would be lucky to have an employee like you!

Old 08-14-2010, 12:05 PM

494 posts, read 1,674,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
Looking to move back there towards the begining of next year. I am with the cable company down here In florida, I worked for dish network up there for a year or so when I lived there previously. Looking to hopefully get in with comcast so if anyone has any advice on how to get in, please help! Thanks
You may also want to check out Pioneer Cable - they are a Comcast authorized contractor. Every time someone has been out (and it has been many), it's always been Pioneer.

I won't go into how much I hate Comcast - or as I call it Crapcast - but it's my only option out here.

Old 08-14-2010, 12:16 PM

yeah well I dont know how well there service is but I know a good portion of there benefits and I know that the largest cable company in the united states isnt going anywhere.

I will look into contracting as a LAST resort, I may even go back to dish network before that. Im not a fan of 0 benefits. Not to mention contractors never recieve the training or high quality tools that regular employees have.

Old 08-15-2010, 03:22 PM

494 posts, read 1,674,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Tim Tim View Post
yeah well I dont know how well there service is but I know a good portion of there benefits and I know that the largest cable company in the united states isnt going anywhere.

I will look into contracting as a LAST resort, I may even go back to dish network before that. Im not a fan of 0 benefits. Not to mention contractors never recieve the training or high quality tools that regular employees have.
I agree regarding the training! They seem to be very busy right now, so hopefully something will open up for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area