Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 10:02 PM

2 posts, read 4,564 times

Advertisements

I cant seem to find any up to date information on the crime rate in west taylorsville/east kearns or the safety of the area. To be more specific I'm looking to buy a home with my wife and 2 young children and there is one we may put an offer in thats located in the neighborhoods just west of the bangerter, south of 5600ish north of 6200 south and east of 4800ish west.

My only reason to feel concerned is that whoever owned the home before we might felt that they needed to put bars on the basement floor bedroom windows. That whole neighborhood and school look to be a pretty quiet suburb and everyone takes care of their property.

I'm looking for any comments from folks that are familiar with that neighborhood or live in the area. Any comments, positive or negative about this area are welcome and even if you know someone that lives close to this area please comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2010, 10:50 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,162,360 times
Go to www.crimereports.com (don't do the beta version2) put in an address or just zoom in to the area you like, make sure you click on all of the types of crimes and show sex offenders.

Old 10-10-2010, 02:12 AM

224 posts, read 637,092 times
We used to live out there a little further west. We liked it while we were there. We have family who live west of 48th. That larger area does seem to have little pockets that aren't good surrounded by others that are. Since it is an older neighborhood you have more chance for rentals and that can change things. It probably isn't crawling with crime, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't need to take precautions.

Interesting website hilgi

Old 10-10-2010, 03:38 PM

27,870 posts, read 29,674,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Go to www.crimereports.com (don't do the beta version2) put in an address or just zoom in to the area you like, make sure you click on all of the types of crimes and show sex offenders.
A bit of an eye-opener. There is a registered sex offender across the street and one house west of me! (My husband actually played golf with the guy once, not knowing anything about him.)

Old 10-10-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
A bit of an eye-opener. There is a registered sex offender across the street and one house west of me! (My husband actually played golf with the guy once, not knowing anything about him.)
It is rather scary, some areas seem to have one per block. I wish we could find out more about what they did, I know some pretty minor offenses (public urination, etc.) get you on the list. After we moved in we found one behind us, luckily he moved. We just found a new one where we were thinking of moving and the police were there the other day, glad we stayed put.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:44 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,578,877 times
The Utah state sex offenders list tells you what they did and their prefered targets. Can't remember the site link now.

Old 10-10-2010, 09:51 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,782,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
The Utah state sex offenders list tells you what they did and their prefered targets. Can't remember the site link now.
The link mentioned above has it listed, but you need to click on it first and agree to something.

Wish I had not, because it is scary .....
especially when check for sex offenders !

Just glad I have no crime activity within a four block area where I am.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:17 PM

5,118 posts, read 16,542,557 times
I live in Taylorsville but further east. I rarely go west of Bangerter.

Lots of shopping, dining and some movie theaters south of there at Jordan Landing.

Old 10-11-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
The link mentioned above has it listed, but you need to click on it first and agree to something.

Wish I had not, because it is scary .....
especially when check for sex offenders !

Just glad I have no crime activity within a four block area where I am.
It still just gives the generic code violation, I wish there were more details.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:32 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,943,752 times
This link gives more details for each conviction

Secondary Page - Department of Corrections
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area