U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2010, 10:46 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 8,709,003 times

Advertisements

Hi I was just in your city for business from the 18th-22nd and I must say you guys are so friendly and kind! I stayed downtown and traveled all over the city visiting my accounts and was amazed at the beauty and friendly people. I loved the snow over the weekend (I'm from Houston but live in bay area now). I am not accustomed to snow but I loved it! I was suppose to stay until Wed but the snow storm forced me to leave early.

How are you guys doing in the current storm?

Anyway it was my first time to Salt Lake City and I look forward to many more returns!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 10:11 AM

226 posts, read 495,480 times
Thanks! Nice to hear that you had a good experience and liked the city. Most people in Salt Lake City had the attitude of "That was a storm???" but people who got stuck on the interstate during the worst of it were hating it for awhile. We're stormy again today. This is definitely a cold snowy start to winter! We're not usually this cold and stormy until later in December. It's the first Thanksgiving with snow on the ground in the valley that I can remember for quite a while, but the ski resorts opened early and that's really good news for the state's economy. Hope some of that good economic news trickles down to your business! Keep us posted when you come back.

Old 11-28-2010, 12:58 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahRoots View Post
Thanks! Nice to hear that you had a good experience and liked the city. Most people in Salt Lake City had the attitude of "That was a storm???" but people who got stuck on the interstate during the worst of it were hating it for awhile. We're stormy again today. This is definitely a cold snowy start to winter! We're not usually this cold and stormy until later in December. It's the first Thanksgiving with snow on the ground in the valley that I can remember for quite a while, but the ski resorts opened early and that's really good news for the state's economy. Hope some of that good economic news trickles down to your business! Keep us posted when you come back.
Thanks!

I am thankful that I left when I did or I would have been stuck on the highway. I plan on returning at the end of Jan. Quarterly is my action plan. It would be nice for the early business to trickle down but I am in the business of medical diagnostic sales for auto immune diseases and blood gas analyzers. It won't affect my business but I hope it boots the businesses in Salt Lake City!

I really liked the snow. It was so beautiful! I found a little restaurant in a canyon called Ruth's dinner. It was an interesting drive as soon as I turned onto emigration...it was like entering a winter wonderland. Everything would turn into a postcard looking setting. It was beautiful. I really wanted to visit Park Cities but ran out of time due to my speedy departure. I will visit it when I return.

Stay warm and safe!

Old 11-28-2010, 01:12 PM

21,968 posts, read 22,141,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
Thanks!

I am thankful that I left when I did or I would have been stuck on the highway. I plan on returning at the end of Jan. Quarterly is my action plan. It would be nice for the early business to trickle down but I am in the business of medical diagnostic sales for auto immune diseases and blood gas analyzers. It won't affect my business but I hope it boots the businesses in Salt Lake City!

I really liked the snow. It was so beautiful! I found a little restaurant in a canyon called Ruth's dinner. It was an interesting drive as soon as I turned onto emigration...it was like entering a winter wonderland. Everything would turn into a postcard looking setting. It was beautiful. I really wanted to visit Park Cities but ran out of time due to my speedy departure. I will visit it when I return.

Stay warm and safe!
Oh, I'm glad you found Ruth's! I bet it was beautiful in the winter. I love going there in the summer and eating out on the patio.

Let us know before your next visit, and maybe we can all toss in a few suggestions of where you might want to visit.

Old 11-28-2010, 01:29 PM

226 posts, read 495,480 times
Well, even if tourism doesn't help your business, I hope that your willingness to travel here is a sign of the economy improving. I understand that health care and education are two Utah industries that are weathering things relatively well. Since my husband has an auto-immune disease, I also hope that your equipment is cutting edge and sells like hot cakes! Hopefully the concentration of medical centers here makes your travel an efficient use of your time and money and we will see you again. Do let us know the next time you're on your way.

Old 11-28-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahRoots View Post
Well, even if tourism doesn't help your business, I hope that your willingness to travel here is a sign of the economy improving. I understand that health care and education are two Utah industries that are weathering things relatively well. Since my husband has an auto-immune disease, I also hope that your equipment is cutting edge and sells like hot cakes! Hopefully the concentration of medical centers here makes your travel an efficient use of your time and money and we will see you again. Do let us know the next time you're on your way.
Sorry to hear about your husband...we sell the gold standard for ANA testing. I am a medical professional and I would not work for a company that did not represent the gold standard. Those companies are out there and I am out there to educate the buyers on the gold standard. I look forward to the day science advances to the point of molecular testing for these types of diseases. That day will happen soon!

Old 12-01-2010, 03:01 AM

5 posts, read 6,255 times
Salt Lake City is a great place to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area