Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:51 AM

12 posts, read 14,494 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

my daughter and I visited SLC and Murray for 6 days and we loved every minute of it. The people are very friendly. We went to Siegfrieds Deli and the other German Bakery (sorry forgot the name). We are Germans, so we had to check those two out and the food is fantastic.
We both loved the view of the mountains from our hotel room, couldn't get enough of it . We went and checked out the Capitol Hill Building, the Council Hall, LDS Temple Square, City Creek Center (can't wait to see how it all looks in March 2012) and a lot more.

What we didn't understood was when they said that the weather is unhealthy (it was on Saturday and Sunday)and we felt it was great. Maybe someone can explain what the Weather people were talking about, please.

Some of you remember that we wanted to move to Murray in Spring but now that we have seen everything in person, we want to move to SLC. It will be a better fit for my daughter and myself.

We just can't wait to move and enjoy everything SLC and the beautiful State of Utah has to offer.

Enjoy the day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 01:02 PM

27,895 posts, read 29,704,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanwoman50 View Post
Hi everyone,

my daughter and I visited SLC and Murray for 6 days and we loved every minute of it. The people are very friendly. We went to Siegfrieds Deli and the other German Bakery (sorry forgot the name). We are Germans, so we had to check those two out and the food is fantastic.
We both loved the view of the mountains from our hotel room, couldn't get enough of it . We went and checked out the Capitol Hill Building, the Council Hall, LDS Temple Square, City Creek Center (can't wait to see how it all looks in March 2012) and a lot more.
Wonderful! I'm so glad you were favorably impressed.

Quote:
What we didn't understood was when they said that the weather is unhealthy (it was on Saturday and Sunday)and we felt it was great. Maybe someone can explain what the Weather people were talking about, please.
Check out posts #2 and #3 on the FAQs About Life in Utah thread.

Quote:
Some of you remember that we wanted to move to Murray in Spring but now that we have seen everything in person, we want to move to SLC. It will be a better fit for my daughter and myself.

We just can't wait to move and enjoy everything SLC and the beautiful State of Utah has to offer.

Enjoy the day!
Let us know when your actual move approaches.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 02-01-2011 at 01:24 PM..

Old 02-01-2011, 01:57 PM

SouthernBelle, thank you very much for the link. That makes sense to me now. It looks like we still have to stay here in Southern CA for another year (not good). We both work for a large company and they are building the store in the City Creek Center area. So we have to wait until that is done. But the good thing is we are coming back to SLC in September for another week and see how the area at the City Creek Center came along. We both know for sure we will be living in less then a year in SLC....yeah...:-)

Old 02-01-2011, 05:05 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,168,154 times
Quote:
Hi everyone,

Enjoy the day!
Glad you liked it, you missed all the fun cold though! It took us almost a year after our first visit before we made it out here to live, it will go by fast. I spent a lot of time looking at webcams here, reading KSL and chatting on CD.

Being from CA it is hard to understand the unhealthy air thing, we just called that air in CA. The inversion hasn't bothered me much other than it looks bad.

Did you go up the mountains at all?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:45 PM

Hilgi,

how long do you live in Utah? We had no time to go to the mountains...:-(
From our hotelroom we had an incredible view of the mountains, just stunning beautiful. When we left yesterday morning we had some snow on the ground. We heard on the news that it will be cold for two or three days and then back to 30 degrees. So to all of you try to stay warm.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:15 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,168,154 times
Quote:
Hilgi,

how long do you live in Utah? We had no time to go to the mountains...:-(
From our hotelroom we had an incredible view of the mountains, just stunning beautiful. When we left yesterday morning we had some snow on the ground. We heard on the news that it will be cold for two or three days and then back to 30 degrees. So to all of you try to stay warm.
We moved here September of 09 but I started researching Utah in 05 or so, started plans in 08 and made our first trip here in Nov of 08. We love it!

Luckily we are in an Energy Star home so we are nice and warm.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:41 AM

Quote:
SouthernBelle, thank you very much for the link. That makes sense to me now. It looks like we still have to stay here in Southern CA for another year (not good). We both work for a large company and they are building the store in the City Creek Center area. So we have to wait until that is done. But the good thing is we are coming back to SLC in September for another week and see how the area at the City Creek Center came along. We both know for sure we will be living in less then a year in SLC....yeah...:-)
Okay, I'm confused. Originally, you were asking about working in Fashion Place Mall, weren't you? Now, you're talking about the City Creek Center. Do I have you mixed up with someone else?

Old 02-02-2011, 10:01 PM

Katzspur, don't be confused...please...lol
You are correct I'm the same who asked about Fashion Place Mall but in 2012 the company is opening a big store in the City Creek Center. We liked SLC way better then Murray.

Old 02-02-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Katzspur, don't be confused...please...lol
You are correct I'm the same who asked about Fashion Place Mall but in 2012 the company is opening a big store in the City Creek Center. We liked SLC way better then Murray.
Oh, okay! Well, I don't blame you. I'd rather work in downtown Salt Lake than in Murray, too. But at least you saw them both and got an idea of how easy it would be to commute to the downdown area from most of the suburbs.

By the way, where in Germany are you from? My father (who was not German but spent time in Germany while serving an LDS mission there and again in World War II) got his doctorate in German and taught German at the University of Utah for over 30 years. Germany is so beautiful! I just love Munchen!

Old 02-03-2011, 09:04 PM

Katzspur, we are from Berlin. We live here for over 14 years and we love living here in the US. Its our home! We haven't been back to Germany since, we don't even miss it. Your dad speaks probably better German then we do. My daughter and I we forget a lot of German words, we really do.....;-)
Maybe we all can meet one day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area