Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 09:56 AM

146 posts, read 388,227 times

Advertisements

Well I really do appreciate how enthusiastic some of you are about giving me advice.

As far as housing goes, it will just be for me. I'm single with no kids. My job is on S Redwood in Taylorsville. A short commute is always a plus, I don't want to spend more on gas than I really have to. I will be earning about $1400 a month and $200 will go to my car payment, $140 for insurance and $20 for my cell phone. I figure that gives me about $600 a month or so for rent. I think the days of eating Ramen noodles aren't quite over yet for me. I was thinking a studio would work just fine since at this point of my life all of my belongings fit into my 2 door car. I officially start July 19th so there is some time to figure things out.

I have a couple free hours today so I will probably drive to Sugarhouse and see what it's like. I might try and check out downtown too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 10:58 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,971,220 times
Another thought would be sharing a house with some roommates, if you are open to that sort of thing.

Here is what you do. I would post it for you, but I am not allowed to post links other than realtor.com

Go to ksl.com and click the classified tab, then the homes tab. You can then narrow it down by type (I put in apartments) and then I selected for rent and put in 600 as the max amount. I came up with several that fit that criteria. One was located in Sugarhouse, one was just downtown, one was in Taylorsville in a complex and there were many others, too.

I sent you a PM, by the way.

Old 06-29-2011, 10:49 PM

762 posts, read 2,117,611 times
Definitely look into downtown/Central City. Lots of apartments in your price range, studios and 1br, and you'll be able to walk to bars, clubs, restaurants and all that good stuff for a young single guy. Most of the apartment buildings in Central City are older, but many are renovated and very well-kept. There's one across the street from me (and Liberty Park) offering 1BRs for $585.

Oh, and my commute to WVC is 8-15 minutes, depending on traffic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area