Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 12:04 PM

6 posts, read 21,194 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Hill AFB and I'm trying to figure out where we want to rent a 4BR home, between Hill and SLC in case I get a job in the city. Our oldest child is in Drama/Theatre in High School so that is a top priority. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 01:53 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,970,733 times
You might want to check out this school in West Valley. It is a charter school geared toward film production and acting.

East Hollywood Highschool

There are other schools that also have excellent drama departments. I know my dd's high school's drama department is outstanding (we live in Tooele County. Her best friend's dad is stationed at Hill and they live out here, but not everyone would want that commute), but just thought I would give you another option as far as schools go.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
You might want to check out this school in West Valley. It is a charter school geared toward film production and acting.

East Hollywood Highschool

There are other schools that also have excellent drama departments. I know my dd's high school's drama department is outstanding (we live in Tooele County. Her best friend's dad is stationed at Hill and they live out here, but not everyone would want that commute), but just thought I would give you another option as far as schools go.
Thanks!!

Old 09-14-2011, 06:56 PM

313 posts, read 778,314 times
I have an artist friend who said the best way to never be a good artist is to go there... It's kind of a refuge for kids who like to swear and smoke from what I'm told. While that's the right place for a kid like me, I dunno if that's what you meant by theatre/drama. The bet thing to do is to visit, there's really nothing especially different about all the public High Schools here. If you can afford Kaysville or Centerville it will likely have the highest test scores and what not, but it's also a pretty dull place to live.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:54 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,970,733 times
Hmm...interesting. I just know of the school, I know nothing ABOUT the school. I know my dd's high school has only been open 3 years and has already won numerous drama awards. I think there are many schools in the area that have a pretty decent drama department.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:15 PM

It's a good option if it's a pasion and she isn't cut from the mold of popular high school kid.

Here's the schools goals per the website:
East Hollywood High School Mission:

• Provide authentic, career preparatory training to students with a passion for careers in film production, digital media production, and acting.
  • Provide solid liberal arts education to students in preparation for college entry, as well as assisting students at risk of not graduating.
  • Assist in the character education and development of each student.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:01 AM

We want to live closer to Hill and am not crazy about him driving to SLC so I think we'll focus on Northridge HS, it seems to have a good Theatre program. Also like Mountain View ES for my little ones (just from researching online) so we're looking in the Layton/South Weber area... anymore advice? Thanks all!!

Old 09-16-2011, 01:52 PM

Thats a good plan.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:23 AM

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyRudd View Post
Thats a good plan.
Appreciate the help!!

Old 09-20-2011, 11:57 AM

22 posts, read 52,241 times
Check out Riverdale. It is very good neighborhood with great amenities. The high school is Bonneville High. Riverdale is about 8 sq miles with pretty much every shopping store you can find in northern Utah all on one road, Riverdale road.
It is very close to the base but is a way nicer and safer area than Clearfield, Sunset, Layton or Ogden.
We have an excellent river trail system, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area