U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 04-17-2012, 08:42 PM

221 posts, read 329,080 times
Default Heading out to your fair state again next week

Haven't been around here much lately as DH has been settled out there in his man cave since August and I haven't been there since August. Coming out next week though and taking a long weekend trip down to Moab to see some of the sights around there. Any tips or advice for my trip?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-18-2012, 11:42 AM

13,410 posts, read 8,169,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibby3000 View Post
Haven't been around here much lately as DH has been settled out there in his man cave since August and I haven't been there since August. Coming out next week though and taking a long weekend trip down to Moab to see some of the sights around there. Any tips or advice for my trip?
So is your time going to be spent primariy in Salt Lake City or primarily down in the Moab area? Have to been to the Moab area before? Here are my suggestions for how to spend your time at Arches. (1) Don't miss a hike into the Fiery Furnace. You must go with a ranger and you need to sign up as soon as you arrive in the park. It's an incredible hike that you will never forget. (2) Delicate Arch is probably the most well-known arch in the park and definitely worth the hike. (3) You can arrange through one of several companies down in Moab to take a Hummer ride up over Hell's Revenge. It's an experience I would recommend to anybody. (4) If you have time, take a half-day rafting trip on Westwater. You will be talking about it for weeks.

Unread 04-19-2012, 04:47 PM

221 posts, read 329,080 times
Yup - most time will be spent in or on the way to and from Moab. Thanks for the info!

Unread 04-20-2012, 12:02 AM

199 posts, read 233,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Don't miss a hike into the Fiery Furnace. You must go with a ranger and you need to sign up as soon as you arrive in the park. It's an incredible hike that you will never forget.
New arrangements are that you sign up online ahead of time for Fiery Furnace tickets. Due to high demand they no longer accept sign ups at the park. Hopefully this link works Tour Park Detail - FIERY FURNACE TOUR - ARCHES, Utah - Recreation.gov

I see there are still 7 spots open for April 30th if you will still be there.

Unread 04-20-2012, 09:47 AM

13,410 posts, read 8,169,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InSandy View Post
New arrangements are that you sign up online ahead of time for Fiery Furnace tickets. Due to high demand they no longer accept sign ups at the park. Hopefully this link works Tour Park Detail - FIERY FURNACE TOUR - ARCHES, Utah - Recreation.gov
Wow! That's worth knowing! I suppose they'd honor last-minute requests to join the hike if they were ready to start out and had any open spots, but I wouldn't want to take that chance.

Unread 04-20-2012, 09:43 PM

199 posts, read 233,415 times
Yes, I believe they would accept you last minute. However I believe it was on the park website they said they are usually sold out and cancellations are rare. You can always check on the reservation site a few days ahead if you have a last minute trip. I have also seen them add tours, if they are sold out early enough another tour opens up,,,,I have yet to figure out how regularly this happens or what criteria there are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area