U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 07-22-2012, 06:26 PM
1 posts, read 8,083 times
Reputation: 12


I'm 21 years old, i'm a single mom, i have a 2 year old son and i'm in need of any kind of assistance from the church or any other resource. I'm working right now by the University of Utah, i work 3 day's a week (all that's available) @ 5.15$ hourly plus tips. I'm living with my step father and my younger brother and sister in a 2 bedroom house. I love my family very much and i appreciate my step father helping me out, it's just getting really hard for me to be living here. The reason being my younger brother isn't the best example at all for my son and my son adores him so much that he copies everything he does, I feel like i don't have control, I try to speak up and let them know its not acceptable to talk and act the way they do around my 2 year old son. They never listen, i feel helpless, I know i'm a wonderful mother, I work go to school, I'm never out i'm always at home with my son. I just want the opportunity to live with my son and raise him the right way. I'm looking for a program that would pay half my rent, I can pay 400$ a month MAX and there is NOTHING in SLC for 400$ a month. I would only need the assistance till i either find another job or when I get onto housing. I don't want to do it this way, I want to be able to do everything by myself for my son. It's just too hard by myself, my sons father doesn't want to help me at all if i'm not with him, He treated me really horrible when I was pregnant and after i had my son. So there is no way i'd ever go back to him, I did file child support but he's not paying anything at all nor will he ever. All I have is my family and all they can provide me with is emotional support, witch does help a lot. Anyways thank you for reading my situation and please respond if you know of any kind of services I can try. If you'd like to e-mail me please feel free to @ [email]bcr1313@hotmail.com[/email] Thank you all again. Have a wonderful day or night!

Last edited by bcr1313; 07-22-2012 at 06:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Location: Utah
5,005 posts, read 14,468,021 times
Reputation: 4989
Salt Lake City Housing Authority closed their Section 8 wait list 'cause it was too lengthy. SL County Housing Authority has a 3+ year wait list for their Section 8 program.

Perhaps you could call SL City HA and ask them what your options might be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2012, 12:42 PM
Location: Mostly in my head
19,822 posts, read 55,970,721 times
Reputation: 19019
Or ask your local bishop to put you in touch with the church office that handles requests such as yours. I know someone already here, whose bishop paid her rent while she went back to college. Of course, she and her son became involved in the ward's activities - a good thing for the son IMO (I'm not LDS).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2012, 11:10 PM
8 posts, read 21,042 times
Reputation: 16
You can also contact the Community Action Program they would have a list of low income apartments although they do not subsidize.

Salt Lake Community Action Program

Salt Lake Community Action Program
764 South 200 West Salt Lake City, Utah 84101 (801)359-2444 (801)355-1798 (f)
Cathy Hoskins Executive Director, CCAP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2013, 06:20 PM
1 posts, read 6,108 times
Reputation: 10
Just curious if you ever got any help.....My daughter is in the same position as you and is looking for someone to share an apartment or house with- she is newly divorced and has a 1 and 1/2 yr old son. She is in healthcare. If your interested in meeting up with her to talk about it let me know! She is interested in staying near the Orem/Provo/Spanish Fork/ Santaquin areas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 01:44 PM
Location: South Jordan, Utah
6,801 posts, read 7,363,517 times
Reputation: 2960
Look for Tax Credit rentals, not section 8. Not sure where to look, I imagine the SLC action program is a start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top