Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2012, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 8,979 times

Advertisements

I'm 21 years old, i'm a single mom, i have a 2 year old son and i'm in need of any kind of assistance from the church or any other resource. I'm working right now by the University of Utah, i work 3 day's a week (all that's available) @ 5.15$ hourly plus tips. I'm living with my step father and my younger brother and sister in a 2 bedroom house. I love my family very much and i appreciate my step father helping me out, it's just getting really hard for me to be living here. The reason being my younger brother isn't the best example at all for my son and my son adores him so much that he copies everything he does, I feel like i don't have control, I try to speak up and let them know its not acceptable to talk and act the way they do around my 2 year old son. They never listen, i feel helpless, I know i'm a wonderful mother, I work go to school, I'm never out i'm always at home with my son. I just want the opportunity to live with my son and raise him the right way. I'm looking for a program that would pay half my rent, I can pay 400$ a month MAX and there is NOTHING in SLC for 400$ a month. I would only need the assistance till i either find another job or when I get onto housing. I don't want to do it this way, I want to be able to do everything by myself for my son. It's just too hard by myself, my sons father doesn't want to help me at all if i'm not with him, He treated me really horrible when I was pregnant and after i had my son. So there is no way i'd ever go back to him, I did file child support but he's not paying anything at all nor will he ever. All I have is my family and all they can provide me with is emotional support, witch does help a lot. Anyways thank you for reading my situation and please respond if you know of any kind of services I can try. If you'd like to e-mail me please feel free to @ [email]bcr1313@hotmail.com[/email] Thank you all again. Have a wonderful day or night!

Last edited by bcr1313; 07-22-2012 at 07:36 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 12:23 PM

5,118 posts, read 16,543,462 times
Salt Lake City Housing Authority closed their Section 8 wait list 'cause it was too lengthy. SL County Housing Authority has a 3+ year wait list for their Section 8 program.

Perhaps you could call SL City HA and ask them what your options might be.

Old 07-23-2012, 01:42 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,582,737 times
Or ask your local bishop to put you in touch with the church office that handles requests such as yours. I know someone already here, whose bishop paid her rent while she went back to college. Of course, she and her son became involved in the ward's activities - a good thing for the son IMO (I'm not LDS).

Old 07-24-2012, 12:10 AM

8 posts, read 23,555 times
You can also contact the Community Action Program they would have a list of low income apartments although they do not subsidize.

Salt Lake Community Action Program

Salt Lake Community Action Program
764 South 200 West Salt Lake City, Utah 84101 (801)359-2444 (801)355-1798 (f)
Cathy Hoskins Executive Director, CCAP

Old 05-19-2013, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 6,997 times
Just curious if you ever got any help.....My daughter is in the same position as you and is looking for someone to share an apartment or house with- she is newly divorced and has a 1 and 1/2 yr old son. She is in healthcare. If your interested in meeting up with her to talk about it let me know! She is interested in staying near the Orem/Provo/Spanish Fork/ Santaquin areas

Old 05-20-2013, 02:44 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,163,113 times
Look for Tax Credit rentals, not section 8. Not sure where to look, I imagine the SLC action program is a start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area