U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 11:45 AM

72 posts, read 94,921 times
Default SunFlower Market (Sprouts) Vs. Whole Foods

Hello all,

Just curious what your thoughts are on Sunflower Markets vs. Whole Foods?

What do you think about the quality and the prices?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2012, 01:08 PM

1,294 posts, read 1,698,569 times
Whole Foods is over priced in my opinion, but their products are decent. I don't think I've been to Sunflower.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:15 PM

1,748 posts, read 643,083 times
Disclaimer: I haven't been to either in Utah, but we had both in Vegas.

Whole Foods has a WAY better variety, and noticeably better quality. You'll find slightly better pricing at Sunflower, but you're getting gouged on either compared to a standard grocery chain. So between the two, I much prefer Whole Foods.

Old 09-17-2012, 02:39 PM

16,272 posts, read 29,836,920 times
I liked the Sunflower on 700 East and maybe 300 S. They had some things WF didn't have and their prices were better.

A very picky friend of mine started going to SF when it opened there. She said the quality was as good but the prices better.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 09-17-2012, 03:11 PM

618 posts, read 1,748,064 times
Whole Foods is more expensive. They do have more to pick from.

Sunflower has been bought out by Sprouts. They selection is different now. I LOVED Sprouts when we were living in Arizona. I am truly excited to have a Sprouts in SLC now. Their produce is a great price, and really good quality. I like their freshly baked breads as well. Fantastic.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:08 PM

4,296 posts, read 8,275,821 times
Never been to Whole Foods. Been shopping at Sunflower in Murray since it opened (I think). I buy all my beef, chicken and pork there as well as produce. Wish they'd have some "tasters" days where you could taste some of their products.

Old 09-19-2012, 11:58 PM

62 posts, read 85,997 times
Sprouts (formerly known as "Sunflower") has some great deals at times.

For example, this weekend the 72 hour sale has store-made bratwurst for $1.99 lb., boneless, skinless chicken thighs for $1.69, sweet white corn for 5 for $1, and Colby longhorn cheese for $2.99 lb.. In my opinion, it's tough, if not impossible, to beat those prices.

Of course, as anywhere, if you don't buy items on sale, you may pay "through the nose."

And, for what it's worth, I've never seen prices this low at Whole Foods, anytime.

As far as the quality, I don't think there is any difference in the meats, dairy, non-perishables, etc., and as for the produce, well, I think anyplace can have some "sketchy" stuff, so you have to shop carefully anywhere.

And, no, I don't work at Sprouts!

Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 PM

233 posts, read 523,391 times
I've only been to the SF Market across from Fashion Place mall and I hated it. I could never find what I was looking for and I felt the fruit was horrible quality. I've gotten some great sales at Whole Foods and only go there for specific things. I'm pretty happy with my local Smiths but won't go out of my way for a SF Market.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:14 AM

618 posts, read 1,748,064 times
Just to clarify. I have been to Sunflower, and to Sunflower converted and bought out, and turned into Sprouts. The selection at Sprouts is awesome. No comparison to the previous Sunflower Market.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:11 PM

156 posts, read 124,497 times
I too would like to put in a positive word for Sprouts. We just moved here - and have looked at nearly all options. Our choice has ended up being a combination of Sprouts and Whole Foods. FYI - Dan's and Smith's are closer to us, but we prefer Sprouts a great deal more...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area