Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 05:10 PM

57 posts, read 117,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carv View Post
wow- im new to this blogging- what and eye openner though- dont even know that im in the right place for this commet but here goes
Hi Brian, I would suggest starting a new thread all your own to ask specific questions, I think you'll get a much better response since this thread is somewhat old. Your description of what you are looking for is very similar to what my husband wants, we are currently looking for a home in utah. Big space but not so big you can't get to anything kind of thing. I'm sure you'll get nice answers from the people here, they have been great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitBanana View Post
I lived in California for 27 years, then moved to Utah 6 years ago. I had never known someone under the age of 30 who had gotten botox and fillers (and talked about it like it was no big thing) until I moved to Utah. I know a bunch of people in their twenties (I work at a college) who have gotten botox for the "lines" in their forehead (nonexistent even before the botox), or who have plumped up their lips with fillers. Men do it as well as women.
Where in California did you live? It cannot be anywhere near orange county, because if Utah is more vain than OC, I think my head will explode.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:06 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,804,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exi-cali View Post
Where in California did you live? It cannot be anywhere near orange county, because if Utah is more vain than OC, I think my head will explode.
No, I lived in Northern California (Piedmont, Oakland, and Walnut Creek).

Old 05-08-2013, 07:34 PM

27,895 posts, read 29,709,286 times
Quote:
One of the women who did it told me that about five or six years ago, Utah topped the list for most vain state. I believe it.
Quote:
You know, it's really funny how statistics can be tweaked to mean almost anything a person wants them to mean. Cosmetic surgery costs less in Utah than in many surrounding states, drawing a large number of out-of-staters to come here for their operations. This translates into more surgeries per capita than many other areas, which, to some people, translates into "Utahns are vain." Ya gotta love it.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:27 PM

166 posts, read 239,488 times
I will suggest you consider a strategy we used not long ago. We were also going to UT for ski trips each winter and about 6 years ago began to spend one day during each trip with a professional realtor (trying to pick a bad weather day). The first realtor lost patience with us as we were in no hurry to buy. But the second agent worked with us during several trips and we found an outstanding home. You already have an idea that you want a large lot - but you can find this in many areas. I think the Emigration Canyon is particularly nice (but suggest you focus on the north side of the canyon to maximize sun exposure). Start by making a list of other things you want in a home / property / community so you can give the realtor some initial guidance. Then just travel around and get a feel for the areas / neighborhoods / homes. It's a wonderful place - hope you find a place you can be comfortable.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
No, I lived in Northern California (Piedmont, Oakland, and Walnut Creek).
A ha! There you have it. Just kidding. All my Nor Cal friends are very different from the OC people I knew. Very very very! I grew up in OC and left prolly 10 years ago because I did not fit in so well. I definitely felt more at home when visiting my friends in Nor Cal.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:14 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,804,601 times
Quote:
A ha! There you have it. Just kidding. All my Nor Cal friends are very different from the OC people I knew. Very very very! I grew up in OC and left prolly 10 years ago because I did not fit in so well. I definitely felt more at home when visiting my friends in Nor Cal.
NorCal is the best Cal.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:30 PM

8 posts, read 42,891 times
@Brian Carv
Hey, let me give you some good places to look. You could try the east bench of Davis County(west of SLC) or when you get into north davis county there are some houses with lots of acerage on the west side of those cites, but you get lake stink(dead, decaying brine shrimp) and lots of mosquitos because you would be living next to a swamp. If you want to stay closer to Salt Lake City proper there are houses in canyons with lots of land, Emmigration Canyon Township and Lambs Canyon are probably the most populated(They can be brutal to live in during the winter, I mean brutal like you better have enough food to last for a few weeks because you might get snowed in). You could also try Magna(not that nice of a city though) South Jordan, West Jordan, Sandy, Draper, Riverton. If you are willing to live in the most mormon place in america(Utah County) there are some big lots on the west side of Utah Lake in Saratoga Springs and Eagle Mountain. Pretty much to find what your looking for you will have to be on either the eastern or western most parts of the Valley. I would recommend starting your own thread though so more people can give you tips. This is just one mans opinion

Old 09-25-2013, 08:17 PM

2 posts, read 22,301 times
I was raised Episcopalian in a very Mormon suburb. My experience was that they were very inclusive of the entire neighborhood and when tings were hard for my family they stepped up and helped us out. when I was 18 I moved away from utah and went to the west coast by the time I was 25 I came back here for what this city dont have like syringes in the parks. Some of my best drinking buddys are mormons by the way.

P.S. it sounds like a lot of these xxxx want the state to be there preconceived notion. Well you find what you look for I am sure they were very nice to the mormons they knew.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 09-25-2013 at 08:48 PM..

Old 09-25-2013, 08:22 PM

2 posts, read 22,301 times
I prefer the south side myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area