Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 08:22 AM
mlb

4,971 posts, read 4,451,534 times

Advertisements

Be careful what you wish for......

When you hit the "Best Places" list a number of years running - people flock. And then you wish they hadn't.

Spoken from someone whose hometown was #1 on the Best Places to Live lists all through the 90's and now? Even I wouldn't want to live there- it's too crowded.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2012, 01:05 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,759,259 times
Yeah tell me about it. Back when my friend who was a chip engineer in the early 80's in the Silicon Valley touted coming there because it was such a great place to live I made the move. Went there in 83, bought a home and enjoyed it.......right up to when they removed the building moratorium in Half Moon Bay. It was like being a prisoner in your own home. The entire Bay Area came there on hot weekends and clogged the roads to gridlock. It was no longer a wonderful place to live. We moved back here on a lark not realizing it was a far cry from the late 70's when we had lived here before. MORE roads, MORE taxes, plenty of crime and gangs (not present on our last time living there) and now they had something called a "rush hour". Yeah count me in on the NO GROWTH side of things. Being a home owners hasn't been as wonderful an experience as I'd hoped either. They love to hike those taxes as the babies get cranked out like popcorn and send them to the less than capable schools here. Sorry just had to pop that one in there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area