Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 10:12 AM

53 posts, read 144,783 times

Advertisements

I’m kind of a minimalist in that I believe decluttering your life, simplifying it can bring happiness. Doesn’t have to be physical junk, it can be emotional junk and even digital junk! Anyway, I’ll try to get to the point. I am 26 and have had a full time job for 7 years. All of my friends are hippies or just lazy, while I love them, it would be nice to be in a community with people that take care of their **** financially.

I lived downtown in 2011-2012. I absolutely loved it but it was a cheap place and you could tell. Walking to do all of your errands (bank, groceries, and shipping needs) was awesome. I have wanted to get rid of my car for years. I have considered the pros and cons and keep coming back to wanted to sell it and go carless for a while; it doesn’t have to be forever. My lease is up end of April and I’m going to just go for it otherwise my subconscious is going to keep bringing it up.

This means I need to be downtown. Since I have no debt and won’t have a car (trax goes right to my place of work) I would like to rent something a tad luxurious.

I came across this ad and it’s exactly what I would like: http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/apa/3545740064.html

Supposedly the 474 sq ft goes for $830. The amenities look amazing, rooftop lounge area, a living wall, sparkling pool, hot tub, fitness room, fire pit…And the description of the interior sounds awesome too.

Thing is there isn’t a ton of information and I don’t want to get into something sketchy. They say they’ll be done in April, which would be perfect for me, but do these things usually get finished on time? I don’t want it to go into May or June and be homeless for a bit. Does anyone have recommendations on another complex that offers the same sort of amenities? Has anyone heard of this new construction on 338 E south temple and does it sound legit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2013, 11:23 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Have you called the number and spoken to anybody? Gone to the site? Surely there is a rental office?

Old 02-18-2013, 11:10 PM

30 posts, read 73,864 times
I second SLCPUNK. It's hard trying to get feedback on a to be completed project. Usually they are pretty good about meeting goals as each day empty is money missed out on. Great area though.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:28 PM

427 posts, read 1,304,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brottishluv View Post
I’m kind of a minimalist in that I believe decluttering your life, simplifying it can bring happiness. Doesn’t have to be physical junk, it can be emotional junk and even digital junk! Anyway, I’ll try to get to the point. I am 26 and have had a full time job for 7 years. All of my friends are hippies or just lazy, while I love them, it would be nice to be in a community with people that take care of their **** financially.

I lived downtown in 2011-2012. I absolutely loved it but it was a cheap place and you could tell. Walking to do all of your errands (bank, groceries, and shipping needs) was awesome. I have wanted to get rid of my car for years. I have considered the pros and cons and keep coming back to wanted to sell it and go carless for a while; it doesn’t have to be forever. My lease is up end of April and I’m going to just go for it otherwise my subconscious is going to keep bringing it up.

This means I need to be downtown. Since I have no debt and won’t have a car (trax goes right to my place of work) I would like to rent something a tad luxurious.

I came across this ad and it’s exactly what I would like: NEW CONSTRUCTION! 1X1 UNBEATABLE VIEWS!

Supposedly the 474 sq ft goes for $830. The amenities look amazing, rooftop lounge area, a living wall, sparkling pool, hot tub, fitness room, fire pit…And the description of the interior sounds awesome too.

Thing is there isn’t a ton of information and I don’t want to get into something sketchy. They say they’ll be done in April, which would be perfect for me, but do these things usually get finished on time? I don’t want it to go into May or June and be homeless for a bit. Does anyone have recommendations on another complex that offers the same sort of amenities? Has anyone heard of this new construction on 338 E south temple and does it sound legit?
Check out KSl classifieds - Classifieds for Utah, Idaho, and Wyoming | ksl.com

The development you refer to is called the Lotus. It seems decent.

There's tons of decent apartments in downtown SLC. I haven't lived at them all so I'd look at reviews because management is everything. But newer ones that come to mind - Brigham Apartments, Emigration Court, the Palladio, any of the ones at the Gateway. Seasons at City Creek. City Creek Apartments. There's also a number of condos you could rent if you see listings.

Sugarhouse is another option for that 'urban' feel. They're building a street car there right now that will connect with downtown/Trax.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:51 PM

I have reserved one @ the Lotus. All the amazing amenities + location + price + public transportation + apartment with no prior tenants + low price for first month + pet friendly definitely sold me.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:44 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brottishluv View Post
I have reserved one @ the Lotus. All the amazing amenities + location + price + public transportation + apartment with no prior tenants + low price for first month + pet friendly definitely sold me.
Sounds great (especially the pet friendly part)!

Old 03-17-2013, 06:54 PM

80 posts, read 134,153 times
I've been watching that building go up for months and am going to check out a 2 BR unit tomorrow.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:59 AM

4 posts, read 6,817 times
Hello!
I am interested in the new Lotus apartment building as well, but I won't have a chance to come and visit it... What were your impressions of the building?

Old 03-26-2013, 02:51 PM

15 posts, read 47,016 times
I used to manage a building right around that area, and I think I know what you're talking about. It's a beautiful location near the Cathedral of the Madalene and right on the doorstep of the Avenues, an amazing neighborhood. For that price, you can't really find much better. It's also a big building, which means the construction will likely be done on time. I'd definitely check out the management company online, though, to see what their reputation is.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:17 PM

I've looked up the company that is managing it and they seem to have pride in providing good apartment solutions. My unit was the closest to being done and i could tell they cared about style & quality at the same time. She said the windows are energy efficient. The workout rooms looked rad, big windows. The rooftop terrace, while I could only peek and couldn't walk out onto it, seemed like a good place to hang out (i love downtown). The 18 person hot tub was just a really big hole. I'm excited about the area. The only time I lived downtown was in a really old building on fourth south, so this will be a big improvement(even though I loved living downtown before). Oh she said lots of people have put down deposits without even seeing it first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area