Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2013, 09:37 PM

5 posts, read 5,192 times

Advertisements

When I moved to DFW, Texas, I had a rental real estate who helped us find a house to rent. We're moving to SLC city soon, and I haven't been able to find anyone like that. I can find sites like ksl, trulia, etc. which have listings, and I ccan find real estate agents who dealing with buying/selling houses, but I haven't found anyone who helps people find houses to rent.

Does such a creature not exist in SLC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 09:43 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
I asked a friend of mine who is in RE this last summer and she said she didn't know of anyone. Doesn't mean they don't exist but clearly not too many of them around.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:53 AM

2,480 posts, read 7,139,691 times
So the RE agents there don't look for both kinds of properties for clients? My RE agent here in Texas helped us look for a rental house, as well as sold our old house, and helped us buy/build our current house. We ended up renting an apartment instead of a home while our house was built, but she showed us several rental houses in our area. Not her specialty, but she stepped up to the plate when we asked her about it.

Of course, I understand the commission is completely different (or non existent) on rental properties for agents.

Old 06-20-2013, 01:34 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,598,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
So the RE agents there don't look for both kinds of properties for clients? My RE agent here in Texas helped us look for a rental house, as well as sold our old house, and helped us buy/build our current house. We ended up renting an apartment instead of a home while our house was built, but she showed us several rental houses in our area. Not her specialty, but she stepped up to the plate when we asked her about it.

Of course, I understand the commission is completely different (or non existent) on rental properties for agents.
I'm guessing that your Texas agent helped you find a rental since they sold your old home or knew they'd be your agent when you did sell it.

I don't know of any agents who assist in finding rental properties....and I'm a native Utahn.

Looks like you have to search online then contact someone when you find a property you're interested in.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:43 PM

2,480 posts, read 7,139,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
I'm guessing that your Texas agent helped you find a rental since they sold your old home or knew they'd be your agent when you did sell it.

I don't know of any agents who assist in finding rental properties....and I'm a native Utahn.

Looks like you have to search online then contact someone when you find a property you're interested in.
Perhaps. But I also know another real estate agent, and his primary clientele are renters because he says the majority of those renters will need help finding a home to buy in the future...and then they become lifetime clients, and refer others to him. He is young, a property investor as well, and has just started his own brokerage firm and is doing amazingly well. It's definitely a niche market for sure.

Old 06-24-2013, 02:20 PM

5 posts, read 5,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
No, we were moving from a (rented) apartment,

Old 06-24-2013, 09:12 PM

835 posts, read 2,076,770 times
Every Realtor I know, PC and SLC, works with renters too...maybe you just need to ask?

Old 07-01-2013, 05:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,146 times
I found this website because I happen to be looking for a similar service for homeowners wanting to reach out to people moving in from out-of-state. We're listed on Craigslist, Trulia, etc. and we're getting responses, but since our previous tenants were out-of-state professionals relocating on their own, we thought we'd try to find a way to connect with them. I'm going to call some RE agents in Salt Lake City, and see if they list rental homes. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area