U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 11:19 PM

763 posts, read 1,674,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrider434 View Post
go to NeighborhoodScout and select crime rates after you enter in the city of interest, in Salt Lake City has a number 1 rating that is the worst rating a city can get similar to Spokane,... the rating taked into account all types of crimes and I would imagine that the rate is so high in Salt Lake City like it is in Spokane because of the high amount of property crimes and other non violent crimes, imo. neighborhoodScout will show you the amount of auto theft property crimes , assault and other crimes, per capita and etc, and I guess that results in an average figure, and the end result is a number 1 rating which is one of the highest crime rates,...in the usa,. per capita,.. taking into account all types of crimes per capita in a city. maybe those numbers are over inflated I am Not sure I'm just going on with that website showed. so it seems that Salt Lake City does not have high statistics maybe for violent crimes but very high stats for other types of crimes. so visit the website yourself and have a glance at the stats for SLC.
Yes but, again, that "per capita" calculation is based on the city's RESIDENT population, and the property crime you're referring to is much higher in cities (like SLC) with higher DAYTIME populations. The workforce in-commuting from Davis, Tooele, Summit, and Utah Counties increases crime without increasing the actual resident population which makes the rate seem unusually high.

As I said above, the stats you mention are an illusion. It would be a much more accurate analysis to use the metro area's population of over 1 million to derive the crime rate.

Old 06-02-2015, 06:21 PM

11 posts, read 31,159 times
I know that this post is 2 years old, but I felt the need to add my opinion as a Middle Eastern woman living in the city. Living in South Salt Lake for over 15 years, I have seen the rise in diversity grow substantially. Walking around my neighborhood, I see more black people and hispanics than I do whites. There is a small group of very kind muslim women who all live near me, and they tell me that they've never felt safer than in Salt Lake City. Salt Lake City is Utah's LEAST mormon city. In fact, most people I speak with who live in Salt Lake are quite bored of the stereotype. What you said about young girls being dressed 'slutty' and your shock at all the people singing along with the rap songs is silly. You act as if this big city will be different than any other big, metropolitan area! It is THE STATE CAPITAL for christ's sake. It may be that the city was founded on a religion, but most of those people have moved to Utah County anyway. Being the state capital, and one of the largest touristic spots in Utah, it is bound to be more diverse and 'out there' than the rest of the state. Just how when I lived in a small town called Oskaloosa in Iowa, I would travel to Des Moines and be shocked by the difference in people, events, culture etc. Utah is known for Mormons yes, but what really peeves me is that it's not like we're the only state in the US to be heavily Christian, mormons ARE CHRISTANS. I bet if you counted the number of christians in other states it would be the same amount of Mormons in Utah. Being Middle Eastern, I have been the target for many racist comments and profiling, yet I feel so welcomed in Salt Lake. I see way more catholic churches in Salt Lake than I do Mormon churches, in fact, I believe I only know of 2 mormon churches in the entire city. In short, I love living here. It is beautiful. It sucks how outsiders will judge Utah without even giving it a chance. If you want to see some true crazy mormons, go to Idaho! Lol

Old 06-02-2015, 08:36 PM

21,869 posts, read 21,995,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elianacabrera View Post
I see way more catholic churches in Salt Lake than I do Mormon churches, in fact, I believe I only know of 2 mormon churches in the entire city. In short, I love living here. It is beautiful. It sucks how outsiders will judge Utah without even giving it a chance. If you want to see some true crazy mormons, go to Idaho! Lol
I'm sincerely glad that your impressions of Salt Lake City have been so positive. I could totally see where you were coming from with just about every statement you made -- until I got to this one. There are literally hundreds of Mormon Churches in the Salt Lake City area and nowhere near that many Catholic Churches. I'm not sure what part of the city you live in, but it must be pretty atypical of the rest of Salt Lake.

Old 06-02-2015, 10:13 PM

326 posts, read 349,171 times
I am LOL a this plethora of catholic churches, do all of them have an angel on them by chance LOL? Is this about semantics....., meeting houses, churches, temples, cathedrals?

Old 06-03-2015, 02:33 PM

2,447 posts, read 5,897,440 times
Only two LDS churches in the ENTIRE city...? Uh...

Where exactly are you looking anyway?

Old 06-03-2015, 03:51 PM

32 posts, read 39,681 times
For actual comparison:

https://www.dioslc.org/parishes?sortby=city (RCC Diocese of Salt Lake City, covers all of Utah)

https://www.lds.org/maps/#ll=40.7607...,-111.891047"} (LDS congregations in SLC)

Looks like Mormons are still winning slightly Although it's not Utah County, thank goodness.

Old 06-03-2015, 06:18 PM

892 posts, read 689,531 times
I had to laugh and I have only been here 4 months! There are 2 LDS churches at either end of the road where I live!
I do however support her opinion as you well know. Utah has loads to offer and is a great place to live regardless of your faith or lack of it :-) lovely friendly people. Maybe being a general social butterfly has helped and the mad british sense of humour but we have a wealth of friends here in our neighbourhood and through other avenues and they all come from varying backgrounds and religious or non religious backgrounds. But rather than catagorising which you know I am not a fan of I just call them my Friends! simple !

Old 06-15-2015, 01:32 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,117,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
Uhmmm ... , the Ferrari dealer would have nice to anyone regardless of what they looked like or how they behaved ...
Excellent point, irman. I realize this thread started years ago, but has recently had posts.

I think the OP offers his personal experience which is valuable. However, I don't personally know anyone who shops at both a dollar store and a Ferrari dealership in the same metro.

I will post more with the OP ' S comments as a few things written confuse me. I hope anyone moving to UT will read multiple accounts of others.

MSR

Old 06-15-2015, 02:29 PM

8,440 posts, read 11,117,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorbombeii View Post
Just to begin, I have lived in a handful of cities and this website is always helpful when I'm thinking of or planning a move. So I'm a long time visitor, first time poster. Heck, all I have to say is just some unorganized babble.

I'm going to get to the point....just wondering what others may think of what I have to say.

1. I'm not Mormon...I don't claim any religion (even though I believe in God)
2. I'm not White...I am a blend and look like a blend of a few races (complexion & facial features), but I identify myself as Black.
3. I'm from a small city of 50k people in NC
4. I have lived all over NC, Atlanta GA, Houston TX, SLC UT

Ok, for those who do not know, Utah is the DESERT. I was hoping to escape some of the heat from back home, but it is HOT here. No humidity, so the heat doesn't feel 3 dimensional like back home, but the sun is HOT. It sits on your skin and tries its best to penetrate your cells to get to your bone marrow. Even though it cools down quickly, it's an intense heat. I wonder how the winter will be?

Utah is beautiful, but it's a different type of beautiful than I expected. I lived in the cool, green Appalachian Mountains for a few years. This place (salt lake valley) is not cool or green. It's the desert and some mountains. Oh yea, and that lake. I drove here and came via I-70. When we crossed the state line, I swear I thought I was on Mars. For a couple of hours. It looks like the land before time. I could imagine that if dinosaurs actually existed, their remains would be well preserved in this lifeless land. But God, made it and I appreciate it and am thankful for the chance to experience it.

When I finally reached Salt Lake after 3 days of driving, I found out that the city (and surrounding cities) is much bigger than I thought. I checked wikipedia and google street view, but was not prepared for this sprawl. And this was actually a good thing. So, Salt Lake has some girth to it.

There's a good proportion of the women here that I find attractive.

People are really, really actively engaged in all types of physical activity.

Most of the streets are on a numbered grid system in relation to the temple, which seems that it would be easy to navigate, but it took some getting used to. There are many, many stoplights. I live downtown and my school is about 6.5mi away. Takes me 25 minutes. I can ride my bicycle there in about the same amount of time.

Oh yeah...the bikes!! Everybody rides bikes here! It's so cool to see so many people on bikes and it makes drivers very cautious of their presence. Bike lanes are prevalent and well thought out. I've seen "Bike Valet" at events for crying out loud! Skateboards are very common as well.

The city is very clean (where I live) and everything around the temple seems new and crisp. Especially City Creek, and the Gateway. No litter or anything. Just appears to be a perfect little city. But like observing a wealthy, picture perfect American family from the inside, it is far from perfect...

Again, I am from NC...so I'm used to hospitality. Southern Hospitality. No hospitality here...just awkwardness. A city full of social awkwardness. Regardless of what others have to say about the people being so nice and this and that....they're not. Could be because of my stature (6'4", 210lbs). Might be something about my vibe or aura that I'm not aware of. Maybe because they have never seen my face in church. Could be because of something else. I might simply expect too much.

I have run into some super super nice people (2 senior women at Harmons downtown, cashier at Family Dollar, and salesman at the Ferrari Dealership) but generally speaking, people aren't that nice or outgoing to strangers and that's that. Don't let anyone on this site or elsewhere tell you any different. And remember, this is relative as I am from NC where people are super nice and outgoing. (I only realized that this year after moving back to NC from Houston)

Yes, I said this city is full of social awkwardness. In my opinion, it is. I sincerely think that some of these people around here are afraid of what's different. Personally, I embrace diversity...read the title. I think alot of the people here look down their noses at me. I have a feeling why, but I don't have any concrete evidence. Hell, I don't want any concrete evidence. Really, the only thing that I can conclude is that [allegedly] the book of mormon says that people with darker skin are the descendents of Cain of the Bible and are cursed by God or some shi*t like that. That was the reason for denying Blacks into priesthood (until the ban was lifted in the 70's allegedly because the church was going to lose its tax exempt status). So, racism is embedded into this fluke of a religion and that religion built this big beautiful city. Why would I expect anything different? And yes I know that Joseph Smith and some others were avid abolitionalists, but I'm speaking on what I experience daily.

But on the contrary, there is a concert series in the summertime here in the park. Rapper/quasi movie star Ludacris was here last week and over 40,000 people showed up. It broke the record. Sooo...white bred, picture perfect city hosts down south rapper singing about weed and hoes in every area code and gets biggest crowd ever? That's some weird sh*t especially when on my day to day basis, people seem like they want to avoid any contact with me at all costs. I guess its because I'm tall, huh?
I had this huge farm raised looking guy at the concert (out of the blue) come up to me and my visiting [Black] friend and shake our hands, but it was as though he was saying that he gave me permission to be there and we weren't going to have any problems. awkward.

Also, I was riding my bike and saw a rap concert downtown. Summer Jam I think. This was in close proximity of the temple. These rappers are rapping about weed and other deconstructive things with lyrics resonating throughout downtown, while really really young girls (14-15?) are dressed slutty to the max with camel toes showing...in a city that was built on religious beliefs. These polar opposites left me really confused and feeling awkward.

Another thing on the dichotomy. About this huge, pretty temple here that has a gold statue on the top. It's also within a few feet of Nordstrom's, Cheesecake factory, and an abundance of those glitzy stores and restaurants. All of it looks brand spanking new. It's called City Creek and it was funded by the investment property group of the LDS church to the tune of $1.5B-$5B. Why the hell does a church need a property group and why was it so expensive? How about building something a little less pretty and use the money left over to build a homeless shelter? If I were truly a follower of God's word, there is no way that I could look at all of those homeless people on the streets and in Pioneer Park and go to church (with a shiny gold statue on the top) across the street from Nordstroms and the Cheesecake Factory...that the friggin church built. Now, if that is not 2 polar opposites in ideology I don't know what is. Awkward.

It reminds me of riding down peachtree st in Atlanta on a Sunday where this cop stopped traffic to allow a couple to cross the street from their {Baptist} church to the parking lot to get in their brand new Bentley. If you have ever been to Atlanta, you know that there are plenty of homeless people on peachtree. How the hell can you get in your $250k car that you drove to church and ignore the homeless people that you drive by in your house on wheels? I'm passing judgement and I do not believe that is what Jesus would have done lol.

Apparently, there is a gang culture out here. Supposedly, lots of people in Northern CA with 2 strikes move out here to do dirt. There's an episode of Gangland about it. I can't tell, but I won't rub any Hispanics or Polynesians the wrong way, that's for sure.

People seem to be really health conscious as there are a vast array of good grocery stores. There are also some really good looking restaurants, but I'll never eat anywhere in this town where I cannot see someone prep my food...as a result of the vibe I feel that I listed above.

Ummm...I guess that's it for now...let me reiterate my points;

Large, hot, naturally beautiful city with a clean downtown and a significant proportion of women that I personally find attractive. Ride your bike, don't talk to strangers, stay out of the cult, don't worship money or sex, and eat well. You will be engulfed by a general sense of overall weirdness.

Lastly and MOST importantly, if you are not a sheep, not LDS, not white and you don't know anyone out here and you are socially sensitive....there are probably better, more receptive places in this country to reside. Much, much better places. Like ANYWHERE on the east coast. Again, this is my personal opinion. But for socially aware people who frequent this site for questions and answers on being a minority, non LDS, interracial couples, etc moving or living in SLC, here is my OPINION on living here for 4 weeks - Its fine, I haven't had any real problems, but you'll stand out. People will not go out of the way to make you feel comfortable. You may notice that pedestrians will put extra space between you and them on the sidewalk. One guy last night chose to walk on the grass when there was enough room for 5 people on the sidewalk, so I moved as close to him as possible. Probably scared the sh*t out of the racist. A girl did that to my visiting friend last week and he threw his hands in the air and went "boogey woogey woogey!" So funny! I have a low tolerance for racism and you should too.

People tend to want to remain "pure" so interracial couples are few and far between (relative to the east coast). I've seen less than 5 interracial couples and I'm talking where one has darker skin than the other, not Asian/white couples etc. My experience may be greatly varied from someone else's view and is liable to change...but i highly doubt it as I am very aware, sensitive, and observant.

Don't let a non black person chime in and say, "I have a black friend or am friends with an interracial couple and they don't have a problem at all and they love it here." That's bologna. They could love it, but somebody had to make some sacrifices...whether sacrificing ethnicity, awareness, care or whatever...it's just not as easy as I have been led to believe. For the most part, these have been weightless opinions....just the same as non Black men commenting on being pulled over by the police....your perspective isn't the same and there's a historical precedence.

So basically, if you're up for a challenge it will be fine, but if you are not LDS or white and have options, you may want to push SLC down the list. To the bottom.
doctorbombeii, I realize you wrote this year's ago. Since CDF has been so helpful to you, I hope you still visit and update this post.
Like others, I think you add a lot and your points should be considered, along with the views of others who moved to the state.

How much did you do with the University of Utah? I couldn't see the name of your school you referenced. If you had little to no involvement, then with the U, I can better understand your lack of seeing more interracial couples, more blacks that were similar in size as you.

Your experience is your own, I don't challenge your feelings. However, as you admit, you don't know what vibes you gave off to others.

I do think you are being unfair about a couple of things. For someone who has lived in as many different locations as you, and your pursuit of additional higher education, I couldn't find anywhere in your post where you explained your efforts to educate yourself about things you don't understand. In what growing city can anyone remain with opinions, not knowledge and do well?

I'll take your example of City Creek Center. What do you know about the facts of how that came to be? What is the service area that served by City Creek Center? Who were candidates to build a $5 Billion dollar center? What are any profits used for?

If you don't know those answers, I'm disappointed in how you chose to learn selective parts about SLC. You met salespeople at a Ferrari dealership and apparently saw a rap star you at least know of, if not like his music. How much time did you spend researching the worldwide Humanitarian work the LDS Church does? Were you or your friends asked to contribute? No. So easy to omit facts of what may be totally new concepts to you and others. A wonderful teaching opportunity missed. Name a worldwide disaster that the LDS Church hasn't sent relief supplies to ALL who live in that area, and often additional manpower to help. And the cost to you or anyone else who purchased anything in UT? Zero.

Yes, the LDS Church owns cattle farms in some states/countries, fruit farms and more. The employees have to be paid and the church owned land requires water and other care that isn't free. What is the major purpose of the LDS Church owning those properties?

Did you make it to Welfare Square? If not, maybe that is one of the reasons you don't understand what the LDS Church does for people throughout the world. I'd recommend visiting Welfare Square. The Rev. Al Sharpton was blown away from what he saw. He couldn't believe a church who has as many members as there are in the Jewish faith in the U.S. could and does help so many non-LDS people in so many countries. When vaccines are shipped to third world countries for local missionaries and members to administer, is anyone turned away because they aren't LDS? NO.

I agree with you about many things you posted, including your vibes you give off. Next time, please include what you did to learn the facts about the organization's you review. More people are moving to Utah and enjoying their experience. No place is right for everyone. But it is helpful to know who attempted to learn facts vs. who is venting for whatever reason.

I do find it beyond my personal experience of you visiting a Ferrari dealership and a dollar store within 15 miles of each other. It is much more time consuming to learn the facts than assume one knows them. It is also not fair, IMO. So I will ask you. Please explain more about your visit at the car dealership and the dollar store so I can understand how those are congruent for you.

Protesters downtown are a city or county issue. Multiple religions, Atheists, Agnostics and others participate. Teenage girls walking the streets need help in any city. Sex trafficking is real in every state. How did you offer to help those teens?

Your post hopefully opened some eyes, if for no other reason than to direct others where similar people are found more easily. However, I've never understood why any city is "put on trial" to convince people to move or not move to that location. That happens in every state forum at CDF, nothing unique about UT. But states that are growing rapidly don't always have residents that will even answer those questions anymore.

Southern Hospitality is its own thing. Some enjoy it and others don't. I think UT is much more like Denver or other western cities. I think some southerners who move to the area bring their traditions with them. But I've never read anything that says SLC or Phoenix, Denver, or San Francisco have southern hospitality. Southerners didn't settle and develop the west.

Good luck wherever your current location is. It never hurts to learn facts about anywhere one is living.

MSR

Last edited by Mtn. States Resident; 06-15-2015 at 02:38 PM..

Old 06-17-2015, 04:58 AM

11 posts, read 31,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm sincerely glad that your impressions of Salt Lake City have been so positive. I could totally see where you were coming from with just about every statement you made -- until I got to this one. There are literally hundreds of Mormon Churches in the Salt Lake City area and nowhere near that many Catholic Churches. I'm not sure what part of the city you live in, but it must be pretty atypical of the rest of Salt Lake.
Hey there, thanks for the reply! I guess I didn't word it correctly, I live in the South Salt Lake area. I meant that there are only 2 Mormon churches (that I know of) in my area. I mean when I walk around the city, I definitely see more non LDS churches than I do LDS ones. Here's a list of all the churches that I know of in the city, whether catholic or not, that are not mormon churches. I looked up the addresses as well if anybody wants to check them out.

There are plenty of options for people who are not LDS, the list below is only some of the churches around here that are not mormon. There are plenty more but I was too lazy to list every single one. They range from Catholic, Baptist, Jehova's Witness, Jewish, Buddhist, Atheist, Episcopal, Muslim, Presbyterian, Methodist, Lutheran and more.

For all of the 'hundreds' of Mormon churches in Salt Lake (there are actually only 63 I believe, which is still a large number I know) there are 'hundreds' of churches that aren't Mormon. It just bothers me when people treat the Mormon church as a negative aspect to the city. They treat it like something that makes the city not worthwhile to live in. Nobody ever complains about all the other churches in the city, or even brings light to them, there are literally so many other churches in Salt Lake. Just like people on the thread have been asking me "what part of the city do you live in?" since I don't see many Mormon churches, I also ask the same question to them if they don't notice how many other churches there are in Salt Lake. People will see all the white people in the city and think there is no diversity, yet they won't even mention the large Muslim community (that I am a part of) the Greek Marketplaces, the Japanese Presbyterian Church, the very large LGBT community that is highly celebrated in the city, the rich film culture, the large refugee population, the prominent colony of Tibetan Buddhists, or the very large Hispanic population.

Can we please just get over the whole 'Mormon thing' and appreciate Salt Lake for the cool city that it is? I feel like every conversation about SLC or UT in general gets turned into a conversation about religion, just as this one has. Of course it's no LA or NY, but it's a very nice city that I think deserves plenty of credit. I kinda went off on a tangent, but here's the list of churches. Again, NONE OF THESE ARE MORMON. There are 66 on my list I believe, and these aren't even all the churches. On the LDS website I counted 63 Mormon churches in total in SLC, which is of course still a high number, almost a Mormon church for every non-mormon church. But keep in mind that I did not list every single non LDS church in SLC, so there are actually more non Mormon churches in Salt Lake than there are mormon ones. Here's some of them.

First Unitarian Church (which some people call the 'atheist church') 1058 400 S

Congregation Kol Ami, 2425 Heritage Way (2760 South) A jewish church

Khadeeja Islamic Center, 1019 W Parkway Ave (this one is in West Valley)

Salt Lake Buddhist Temple, 211 100 S

Brazilian Church Assembly of God, 4300 S 700 E

First Southern Baptist Japanese Church of Utah, 1175 W 600 N

First Vietnamese Baptist Church, 1235 W California Ave

Saint Pauls Episcopal Church, 261 S 900 E

Our Lady of Lourdes Church, 670 1100 E

Grace City Church, 335 W Bugatti Dr

The Rock Church, 195 2100 S

Cathedral of the Madeleine, 331 S Temple

Saint Ambrose Catholic Church, 2315 Redondo Ave

St Ann's Church, 450 2100 S

K2 the Church,5049 Murray Blvd

Roman Catholic Diocese of Slc, 27 C St

Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, 715 W 300 N

St Patrick's Church, 1058 400 S

St Catherine of Siena Catholic Newman Center, 170 University St

Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 946 South 200 East

First Baptist Church, 777 1300 E

Calvary Baptist Church, 1090 State St

Heritage Baptist Church, 1502 Walnut Dr

Cornerstone Church, 1175 W 600 N

Intermountain Baptist Church, 4770 S 1950 W

Saint Pauls Episcopal Church, 261 S 900 E

Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses, 2240 S 600 E

First Congressional Church, 2150 Foothill Dr.

Bautista Maranatha Church, 986 S 400 E

Jordan Valley Baptist Church, 3855 S 500 W

Millcreek Baptist Church, 1515 E 4500 S

New Pilgrim Baptist Church, 6169 S Redwood Rd

Risen Life Church, 2780 E 3900 S

Unity Baptist Church, 1170 W 1000 N

Utah Campus Community Church, 1724 E 2100 S

St. Peter & Paul Orthodox Church, 355 300 E

St. Marks Episcopal Church, 231 100 S

Mount Tabor Lutheran Church, 175 S 700 E

Our Saviour Lutheran Church, 2500 E 3900 S

Prince Of Peace Lutheran Church, 1441 W Tamarack Rd

Redeemer Lutheran Church, 1955 E Stratford Ave

Saint John's Lutheran Church, 475 E Herbert Ave

Saint Johns Lutheran Church, 1030 S 500 E

Saint Matthews Lutheran Church, 5200 S 2700 W

St Matthew's Lutheran Church, 2654 W Builders Dr

Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1070 S Foothill Dr

Mountain Springs Community, 7136 S 1700 E

Bountiful Christian Church, 4969 S Eastridge Ln Apt 168

Calvary Chapel Salt Lake, 460 W Century Dr

Capital Church In the City, 1010 E 700 S

Centro International Hispano Luz Para Las Naciones, 1624 S 1000 W

Christian Life Center, 1055 N Redwood Rd

Church Of God Of Prophecy, 425 N 700 W

Ebenezer Church Of God In Christ, 820 S 300 E

First Apostolic Church, 1680 W Stratford Ave

Fresh Start Church, 3378 S 300 E

House of Prayer Assembly of God, 829 S 200 W

LIFE Church of the Assemblies of God, 3818 W 4700 S

New Creation Church, 28 E 2100 S

New Life Center UPC, 3885 W 4100 S

Oasis Vineyard Church, 1945 S Redwood Rd

Foursquare Church, 662 E 1300 S

Salt Lake Full Gospel Church, 877 E Colony S Apt 17

Shalom, 1720 W Indiana Ave # 1

United Pentecostal Church, 1432 N General Dr

Valley Christian Church, 4490 S 3200 W

Worldwide Gospel Church, 862 W 300 N

I don't mean to sound crazy obsessive about this but as I have made very obvious, I just hate when people make Salt Lake all about Mormons! But I will correct myself on one thing, I mentioned earlier that SLC was the least Mormon city in UT, but after doing more research I actually found out that the least Mormon city in UT is Park City. I'm also just gonna leave this here: 20 things you didn't know about Salt Lake City - Matador Network

Last edited by elianacabrera; 06-17-2015 at 05:06 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area