Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2013, 07:57 AM

3,260 posts, read 6,719,669 times

Advertisements

I'm beginning to restore my faith in the intelligence of those around me. They had enough good sense to vote this absurd bond down. I'm sure the board will go looking for other ways to fleece us. They are like the lion with insatiable appetite. Can't get enough. But then I suppose I could say that about the parents as well. Can't have enough (kids) to send off to these schools. There are a huge number of new charter schools coming on board lately. Perhaps that's a good alternative
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 10:08 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,376,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
I'm beginning to restore my faith in the intelligence of those around me. They had enough good sense to vote this absurd bond down. I'm sure the board will go looking for other ways to fleece us. They are like the lion with insatiable appetite. Can't get enough. But then I suppose I could say that about the parents as well. Can't have enough (kids) to send off to these schools. There are a huge number of new charter schools coming on board lately. Perhaps that's a good alternative
dcisive,

I might be confused about part of your. Doesn't funding from Charter schools come from the district? Parents have the option of what type of school they want their child/children in. But the revenue base is still the same as those who pay taxes for the current
traditional schools.

If I'm confused, I hope someone will clarify this for me.

I am glad this bond was defeated too.

MSR

Old 11-09-2013, 09:21 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,166,542 times
Yes, this was the first bond I have ever seen lose! Being from CA they used to vote for every bond there is. I see we must have seen what it does to CA.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:59 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,719,669 times
If everyone with kids in school has an extra $30+ dollars every month they don't know what to do with each month than bully for them. I'm glad to let them pay for it. I'll take a pass. Glad to see others are in the same boat. Like a bad penny it will roll around again no doubt. I don't see the throngs of more kids entering the schools systems ending anytime soon.

Old 11-14-2013, 02:25 AM

973 posts, read 2,134,301 times
Jmho, i voted yes for Jordan. In Ohio, my house was 1/2 the cost, and twice the taxes here. We are spoiled. Even w/o a lottery. Spending for Utah schools is almost, or dead last in the us. And, bonds are rare. Utah stretches $$. In Ohio, a school levy was asked for every year, no matter where we lived. Lol

My neighbor freaked on the cost of the levy. Hubby sent in his and my votes via mail. He knows my feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area