Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2014, 11:57 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,966,039 times

Advertisements

bumpage... Unfortunately I really didn't get much input about either of these areas.

I visited the Eaglewood area and it's really developed quite a bit since I left in '12. I think with all of the amenities up there it seems to be a great place to live and there is real separation from the refinery blights below. This weekend was perfect while I drove around up there and did some hiking. In fact your view of the valley is pretty good and most of the eyesore you can't even see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 01:51 PM

163 posts, read 318,081 times
Seems to me that you'd both have a much easier commute coming from North Salt Lake or Bountiful as opposed to Draper, but I can't get past the reek of the refineries in NSL. (yuck)

Old 03-24-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcee499 View Post
Seems to me that you'd both have a much easier commute coming from North Salt Lake or Bountiful as opposed to Draper, but I can't get past the reek of the refineries in NSL. (yuck)
Thx Elcee for the feedback, I appreciate it! The commute time would be ideal ~15min mostly hwy (I15/80) and traffic was great.

I drove up on a Friday afternoon (rush hour) and Saturday morning to get a feel of the neighborhoods at various days/times. Getting up around and above Eagle Ridge and Bountiful Ridge it felt very isolated and remote from the industrial scene below. I didn't get any of the smell or sense of that stuff; however, I would assume it's all based upon wind direction.

Do you know anyone in that area that could confirm if that is an issue and if so the frequency and how bad it really is?

Old 03-25-2014, 08:28 PM

1,066 posts, read 891,034 times
I have 2 co-workers who live up the ridge in Bountiful and I don't believe it's a problem for them, more just driving past it.

Old 03-28-2014, 12:47 PM

224 posts, read 639,789 times
My sister has lived in NSL for the last 15 years or so. They chose it due to the quick commute to the airport since my BIL traveled for work. They were up by eagle golf course, the sunsets were outstanding and we enjoyed the visits we made to their home, including eagles flying past, though it sold for alot more than 300-400K. They recently moved lower down the mountain and still enjoy great views and quick commutes.
Since you'll both be driving to the north end of the valley that would be a much nice commute.

I live on the Draper side of Sandy and even from my home getting to the south end of Draper takes about 20 min. Once you get on the freeway it is fast and easy, but would definitely take longer and more gas.

As far as LDS percentages I'm not sure I'm accurate, but I would imagine they were very similar. Why that would be an issue I don't understand, but apparently for some people it is.

I don't think the actual experiences would differ that much between NSL or Draper.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InSandy View Post
My sister has lived in NSL for the last 15 years or so. They chose it due to the quick commute to the airport since my BIL traveled for work. They were up by eagle golf course, the sunsets were outstanding and we enjoyed the visits we made to their home, including eagles flying past, though it sold for alot more than 300-400K. They recently moved lower down the mountain and still enjoy great views and quick commutes.
Since you'll both be driving to the north end of the valley that would be a much nice commute.

I live on the Draper side of Sandy and even from my home getting to the south end of Draper takes about 20 min. Once you get on the freeway it is fast and easy, but would definitely take longer and more gas.

As far as LDS percentages I'm not sure I'm accurate, but I would imagine they were very similar. Why that would be an issue I don't understand, but apparently for some people it is.

I don't think the actual experiences would differ that much between NSL or Draper.
Thanks for your input; exactly what I was looking for! We'll be looking at some homes today in NSL and Bountiful so fingers crossed.

In terms of LDS % it certainly matters for us to have a mix. In the lower aves our immediate neighbors were 50/50 non and mo. We loved having them as neighbors but it is preferable to keep a mix for raising children and a social perspective.

If it's more like a 90/10 split it will be more difficult for us in the long-run. So something to account for but not a end all be all.

Old 04-12-2014, 11:16 AM

1,066 posts, read 891,034 times
Purely anecdotal but I would guess it's more 90/10 than 50/50, my co-worker who lives in bountiful and is from the east coast said he thought it was 90% there.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:34 PM

224 posts, read 639,789 times
I don't know where you'd find actual percentages. All I can say is there is plenty of diversity on my street- Active LDS, not so active, anti, born agains, and about half I have no idea (so assuming none of the above).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area