Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 01:26 PM

543 posts, read 1,381,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysowen View Post
Thank you Mezman! for a rental I don't think i'd want to go over 1500 if I could help it. Not including utilities and pet deposit and all that. I was thinking of renting for 6 mos to a year, while I learn SLC. Either i'd bring one or two horses and board them, or just hold off until I knew the area (and knew I liked the job!) before bringing the herd. I am happy to know where the horsey areas may be but yes, to start it would just be me!

So yes, interested in the neighborhoods around/near/short commutes from the VA that are friendly. I worked at the VA in Albuquerque and around the VA the homes are pock marked with bullet holes - they call that area the "war zone" and I would very much love to avoid that!

Thanks again, trying to learn the area from the other threads which are very helpful too!
Ah, the areas around the VA in Albuquerque and SLC are pretty much a night and day difference. The area around the SLC VA seems comparable to the Ridgecrest area of Albuquerque.

I don't know that you'd be able to find a place for $1,500 with pets in the direct vicinity of the VA but you should be able to find something in the Central City area I mentioned or Sugarhouse like SouthernBelle mentioned. In Central City you should be able to walk to the TRAX light rail and take that to the VA in Sugarhouse you'd probably have to drive. Sugarhouse has a light rail as well but it takes you out of the way and you'd have to transfer trains still doable though just not as easy. You could also look at the lower Avenues area but that's a pretty pricey area and I don't know that $1,500 would cut it though it might.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 08:36 AM

26 posts, read 55,448 times
With a rental budget of $1500, you can live about anywhere. It might be a little tough to find a small home for $1500 right next to the VA, but get 10-20 blocks to the south in Sugarhouse/Millcreek/Canyon Rim areas and you can find places in that price range all day. I used to have a house that I rented out in Millcreek that was completely remodelled. It was 2400 sq ft, 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath. I would rent that out between $1500-$1600 a month.

X2 on using KSL instead of Craigslist. Way easier to use and more people use it than craigslist. When I sell stuff I don't even post on Craigslist. I understand most places, that is the standard, but not here.

Old 04-09-2014, 10:30 AM

85 posts, read 217,355 times
Briefly skimmed this, but if someone hasn't mentioned it, padmapper.com and zillow.com are good too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
View detailed profiles of: