Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 09:43 PM

762 posts, read 2,118,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
Yes, I did know that. We drink it filtered anyway.
Just curious, if it's not too personal, have your children ever exhibited any sort of tooth decay?

I took prescription fluoride pills when I was young since the water where I was raised (in Utah) was not fluoridated (naturally or otherwise), and I've never had a cavity. My Utah dentist always says, "Well, I can tell you weren't raised in Utah!" since people my age from Utah are usually rife with cavities as no Utah water company fluoridated back then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2014, 01:55 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times
Sadly the water in Utah "used" to be amazing. Taste and quality was above reproach. Alas those days are pretty much gone. But then the population back in the late 70's was like less than half of what it is now along with not having a "rush hour". Indeed I don't always just go along with the crowd since that hasn't accomplished too many things along the way. I'm guessing you're one of those that think the FEMA camps sprouting up all across the nation in preparation for a nice government takeover is one's imagination as well. Guess you'll find out.....the hard way

Old 04-29-2014, 02:57 PM

762 posts, read 2,118,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
I'm guessing you're one of those that think the FEMA camps sprouting up all across the nation in preparation for a nice government takeover is one's imagination as well. Guess you'll find out.....the hard way
If this is directed at me:
Actually, I work for the government... and if you think FEMA is organized enough to facilitate a government takeover, you'reModerator cut: personal attack

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 04-29-2014 at 04:59 PM..

Old 04-29-2014, 05:04 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,973,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSLC View Post
Just curious, if it's not too personal, have your children ever exhibited any sort of tooth decay?

I took prescription fluoride pills when I was young since the water where I was raised (in Utah) was not fluoridated (naturally or otherwise), and I've never had a cavity. My Utah dentist always says, "Well, I can tell you weren't raised in Utah!" since people my age from Utah are usually rife with cavities as no Utah water company fluoridated back then.
None at all. They have BEAUTIFUL teeth!!

Old 04-30-2014, 08:28 AM

1 posts, read 1,563 times
Back to the OP's question (before this thread was hijacked!) Daybreak... I would never live there. They have a very high foreclosure rate, it was built on a mining tailings site, the HOA's are terrible and over-priced and the housing is over-priced for what you're getting. There are too many negatives in my opinion. Herriman, other parts of South Jordan, Riverton, Sandy are all great places.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:44 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times

Old 07-09-2014, 09:37 AM

4 posts, read 17,612 times
I just wanted to give a bit of a follow-up for anyone who reads this thread looking for information on Daybreak.

We looked at about 15 houses total and of those 3 or 4 were in Daybreak. We ultimately decided not to buy in Daybreak, primarily because the houses were small for the price and were cramped or the layout was odd or had a lot of steep stairs. The houses were very pretty but we had concerns about the quality of the construction. Yards were also very small and laid out in an odd fashion (weird unusable angles). We visited on three different days, both weekday and weekends and it was pretty barren, like a ghost town. Maybe we just showed up on the wrong days, I don't know. We were really excited about Daybreak but it just didn't seem as friendly and energetic as it did online.

We ended up spending a little more and buying a 4 bed, 3 1/4 bath in Draper. It's in a nice neighborhood and up high enough to get away from the inversion a little and get a nice view of the city. It also has no HOA to deal with and is quite a bit larger than the Daybreak homes in a similar price range.

I wanted to thank everyone for their advice, it was really helpful. If anyone is moving to Utah and would like information or advice feel free to PM me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area