U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Status: "The King is coming HOME!! Welcome HOME LeBron!!!!" (set 14 hours ago)

973 posts, read 1,022,254 times
Hmmm, no idea why the area has more plastic surgery in percentage than other places. I'm non LDS, living in a mostly LDS neighborhood, & no one has ever treated me as less then a normal female who is not cosmetically 'perfect'. The 'funny' thing is, the 2 closest females in my life have both has plastic surgery, & neither live in Utah. I'm a dork, w/ glasses & all, who doesn't wear makeup & loves t's & swishy pants, & does just fine. I see many go shopping pj pants. LOL I guess I picked a good area to live in to be non LDS, & have a great Mom's group to make friends. =) I love me for me, I'm sorry for those of you who have not found that inner peace. That is not said w/ malice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 01:05 PM

2,320 posts, read 3,628,078 times
Cool actually Albuquerque is in the midst of a huge economic boom

Actually Albuquerque has changed a lot in the last few years and has a fabulous new shopping center like the Gateway and a movie studio....

ABQ Uptown - Shopping in Albuquerque - Upscale Retail and Residences 2008 HBC Land LP - Home
Albuquerque Studios :: Home Page

And yet no one ever bothered me there about my look, not like they do here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewego View Post
.....Personally, I have been to Albuq... and it was not interesting to me at all, very slow paced, like things were in slow motion there, so I know I would never live there. Here's to you finding your place somewhere, anywhere but Utah...

Old 03-27-2008, 08:38 PM

3 posts, read 11,445 times
may I ask who did the surgery? im seriosly thinking about getting it but i want to find a really good doctor so i get good results.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:43 PM

3 posts, read 11,445 times
Has Anyone In Utah Had Rhinoplasty? Iwant To Get A Great Refferal For A Doctor Who Does Great Noses

Old 03-28-2008, 06:58 PM

Default don't bother

The surgeons in Utah in my opinion aren't going to help you much. You don't want to get a "bargain" nose job and then have to shell out $10,000+ for a revision 2-3 years later. Brent Kennedy did my primary and I am very unhappy with my result. I suggest you read about rhinoplasty on this board before scheduling any consults:

Rhinoplasty (Cosmetic Nose Surgery) | Rhinoplasty4You.com

Names that frequently appear on this board include Dr. Toriumi in Chicago, Dr. Richard Davis in Florida, Dr. Menick in Arizona, Dr. Theodore Golden in Michigan, Dr Frankel, Dr. Nassif, Dr. Daniel, Dr. Hilinski and Dr. Kanodia in California. A good primary will cost $8-10,000 but will be worth it. Do NOT have a primary in Utah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by messina View Post
may I ask who did the surgery? im seriosly thinking about getting it but i want to find a really good doctor so i get good results.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,673 times
Catrinac, bathe the Mormons in a violet light everytime you think of them.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:31 PM

550 posts, read 1,263,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbach View Post
Catrinac, bathe the Mormons in a violet light everytime you think of them.
... I wonder why someone joins CD just to post this rather cryptic comment

Old 11-30-2008, 06:46 PM

2,609 posts, read 3,221,255 times
maybe we glow like scorpions under ultraviolet. i might have to check that out one day...

Old 12-01-2008, 03:38 PM

Default I am not mad at the Mormons

The Mormon community has nothing to do with my rhinoplasty. I forgive them totally and have moved on from where I was before even a few months ago. It was the will of God for me to have the surgery. The circumstances and aftermath hurt me, but that is not their fault. People do and say all kinds of things in their human selves that hurt others without knowing. I was reacting to all that when I was there and got in to a state of blame. I went back to my violet flame prayers and and now I'm over it. It's the whole country, not just Utah. Other places are hypocritical about the importance of looks. I've been harassed in Albuquerque the same as I was there... which means only one thing: I have to have my nose revised! At least the Mormons are up front about it. In the future plastic surgery is going to be totally normal....

http://www.ascension-research.org/vi-flame.html

Old 12-02-2008, 09:10 PM

515 posts, read 1,389,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
The surgeons in Utah in my opinion aren't going to help you much. You don't want to get a "bargain" nose job and then have to shell out $10,000+ for a revision 2-3 years later. Brent Kennedy did my primary and I am very unhappy with my result. I suggest you read about rhinoplasty on this board before scheduling any consults:

Rhinoplasty (Cosmetic Nose Surgery) | Rhinoplasty4You.com

Names that frequently appear on this board include Dr. Toriumi in Chicago, Dr. Richard Davis in Florida, Dr. Menick in Arizona, Dr. Theodore Golden in Michigan, Dr Frankel, Dr. Nassif, Dr. Daniel, Dr. Hilinski and Dr. Kanodia in California. A good primary will cost $8-10,000 but will be worth it. Do NOT have a primary in Utah!!!
Yup, every Dr. in Utah sucks. I guess there are only 9 Dr.s in the US who can do a decent nose job.

Just because you had a bad experience does not mean everyone else will too. There are dozens of plastic surgeons around - did you check all of them out to make this generalization? Are all the plastic surgeons in Utah bargain basement surgeons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area