Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2014, 07:00 PM

166 posts, read 239,735 times

Advertisements

Welcome to SLC! We love it and hope you will too. If you're not Mormon you might also like to review this thread - I found it very useful. Don't be put off by the number of entries.
The lowdown on us Mormons...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2014, 09:43 PM

27,916 posts, read 29,762,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorginaPBurdell View Post
I just wanted to come on here again and comment on how really pleasant our experience here in Utah has been so far. :-) I know we have only just gotten here (3 weeks ago), but nearly every place we have gone we have met very friendly people. Also, it sure is beautiful here isn't it? We ended up choosing a house in Cottonwood Heights, which I think is going to be lovely.

Katzpur: I also am the daughter of a university professor. I found it a lovely world in which to grow up. :-) We used the guide you linked above during the 2 weeks in which we lingered at the hotel waiting for our household goods (yay) and visited/explored. The Natural History Museum was really excellent.
Oh, I'm so happy that you are enjoying it here. Were you, by any chance, able to go down to Temple Square to see the Christmas lights? Temple Square is absolutely beautiful during the Christmas holidays. It will continue to be lit up through New Years Eve.

Cottonwood Heights is a great choice. My husband and I have been in Cottonwood Heights for 32 years and love it here. I'm assuming you've found the Catholic Church there. It's not far from where I live. How did you enjoy your white Christmas?

Old 12-27-2014, 10:44 AM

9,344 posts, read 6,899,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorginaPBurdell View Post
I just wanted to come on here again and comment on how really pleasant our experience here in Utah has been so far. :-) I know we have only just gotten here (3 weeks ago), but nearly every place we have gone we have met very friendly people. Also, it sure is beautiful here isn't it? We ended up choosing a house in Cottonwood Heights, which I think is going to be lovely.

Katzpur: I also am the daughter of a university professor. I found it a lovely world in which to grow up. :-) We used the guide you linked above during the 2 weeks in which we lingered at the hotel waiting for our household goods (yay) and visited/explored. The Natural History Museum was really excellent.
Great choice in cottonwood! Amazing access to the canyons, decent selection of dining options and grocery stores, and 215 is the best commutting option in the valley.

Zupas on 30th east is decent option for lunch and our dentist and dry cleaner in the same center were great. Lonestar (ft union) has amazing grilled fish tacos and a fun place in the warmer months to is to their patio.

Old 12-29-2014, 01:42 PM

6 posts, read 8,082 times
H_scott: Thanks for the welcome! So far we are really feeling positive about our time here in Utah. Everyone we meet seems very friendly and helpful.

SWFL_native: We tried out Zupa's our second day in Utah :-) We were staying in the hotel right near there as we house hunted. Lovely sandwiches and very accommodating of my (really challenging) food allergies!

Katzpur: I did get down to temple square and it really is a beautiful area! We found our parish before we even found our house, actually. Although St Thomas More is actually closer, another parish not too much further has support for special needs children like ours, which is unusual. :-) We are thrilled. We are very happy with the proximity of Cottonwood Heights to most everything we need and the commute to Ft Douglas is not too bad for my husband. I hope that we will get a chance to meet some of the neighbours at some point soon. :-)

The white Christmas was beautiful! Perhaps we will tire of the snow soon, but for now we are enjoying it. It might take a bit of convincing for one of our spaniels though: the way he acts you would think the snow was hot coals!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area