Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2016, 11:04 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,404,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Back in this post, I posted a link to this thread, which I started three years ago. Since it's not a sticky, I have to revive it from time to time. I think it's got most, if not all, of the recommendations any of the natives here would give you as to the things worth seeing in and around the city. Depending on what kind of food you like, we can give you tons of suggestions as to where you might want to go.

Depending upon your interests once you get to the parks (activity level, stamina, etc.), we can help you out there, too. In Zion, for instance, there's everything from quiet walks on flat ground to breathtaking hikes such as Angel's Landing. And in Arches, the possibilities for adventure are even greater. You might consider a sunset Hummer excursion over Hell's Revenge (I'm afraid none of the online videos really do it justice) or -- if you have the time -- a short whitewater rafting trip on Westwater (a section of the Colorado River). There are a number of tour companies in Moab to choose from. Check out the video on this site for a sneak peak at what these rafting trips are like.

Bryce, Zion and Arches are the three most visited of Utah's national parks, but the others are worth seeing, too. It's just that you kind of have to draw the line somewhere or you'll spend your entire time driving between parks. Here's my description of each of them (from west to east):

Bryce: magical and enchanting
Zion: majestic and imposing
Capitol Reef: wild and untamed
Canyonlands: desolate and stark
Arches: unexpected and extraordinary

Whatever suits you, we've got it!
A person's time constraints and budget are the only real limitations, IMO. It depends a lot on whether someone wants a more *natural, scenic experience* or higher tech with luxury. It is all available in UT.

MSR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 04:05 AM

28 posts, read 36,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtn. States Resident View Post
A person's time constraints and budget are the only real limitations, IMO. It depends a lot on whether someone wants a more *natural, scenic experience* or higher tech with luxury. It is all available in UT.

MSR

I figured this was the case. Time is but the enemy in any vacation or situation but I do plan on trying to stay out there for a week or more. With my schedule, sometimes it falls where I can get up to four days off. Using an extra few days of PTO I hope to be able to see a lot of what Utah has to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area