Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 08:39 AM

914 posts, read 972,903 times

Advertisements

Didn't realise such a hotbed for sexual assaults. That's interesting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 03:16 PM

6 posts, read 6,617 times
Hahaha yeah I didn't catch the per 1000 residents mistake. I was not picturing the world of Mad Max. But your point that there is statistically a 50% greater chance of being a victim of a violent crime in SLC than in LA, was well taken. It is so important to be aware of your surroundings. So as a parent of a young adult relocating, by herself, I want to learn everything I can about the area, before she signs a lease.

There is so much to be excited about the beauty of the area, I am very excited for my daughter and excited to visit. I really do appreciate the opinions and views of those that know the area well.

Old 03-23-2016, 03:43 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganmama View Post
Hahaha yeah I didn't catch the per 1000 residents mistake. I was not picturing the world of Mad Max. But your point that there is statistically a 50% greater chance of being a victim of a violent crime in SLC than in LA, was well taken. It is so important to be aware of your surroundings. So as a parent of a young adult relocating, by herself, I want to learn everything I can about the area, before she signs a lease.

There is so much to be excited about the beauty of the area, I am very excited for my daughter and excited to visit. I really do appreciate the opinions and views of those that know the area well.
You do have to take into account the difference between "Salt Lake City proper" and "the Salt Lake metro area." When the crime rate is quoted, I'm pretty sure it's the population of Salt Lake City proper that is being used in the calculations.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:58 PM

6 posts, read 6,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You do have to take into account the difference between "Salt Lake City proper" and "the Salt Lake metro area." When the crime rate is quoted, I'm pretty sure it's the population of Salt Lake City proper that is being used in the calculations.
I was looking at data for several suburbs in the SLC metro area, not the city proper and Geo-Aggie is accurate. The statistics for rape in several suburban areas, are worse than the national average. I didn't look specifically at LA but the data uses a compilation of U.S. Cities as a comparison. Neighborhoodscout.com and this site, city-data.com, have data you may find surprising.

Actually, looking at that data is how I found this forum, which motivated me to post my original request for info. on the area.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:01 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiganmama View Post
I was looking at data for several suburbs in the SLC metro area, not the city proper and Geo-Aggie is accurate. The statistics for rape in several suburban areas, are worse than the national average. I didn't look specifically at LA but the data uses a compilation of U.S. Cities as a comparison. Neighborhoodscout.com and this site, city-data.com, have data you may find surprising.

Actually, looking at that data is how I found this forum, which motivated me to post my original request for info. on the area.
Well, it the information is accurate, it would be very surprising to me.

Old 05-01-2016, 09:09 AM

246 posts, read 320,380 times
This is late, but to the OP's question:

The Wilshire Place Apartments are at: West, 6447 Wilshire Park Ave, West Jordan, UT 84081.

There is a dog park at the Ron Wood Memorial Park, almost directly north across New Bingham Highway at: 5900 New Bingham Hwy, West Jordan, UT 84081.

(I recently away from Copperton, Utah and drove past both every day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area