Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2016, 02:10 PM

287 posts, read 768,835 times

Advertisements

I should know this because I grew up in Salt Lake. But I moved away 24 years ago and might be moving back. A whole lot has changed since 1992. I'm wondering if anyone knows of neighborhoods that are still ruralish and have horse property. By "within the valley" I mean from east mountains to west mountains, and Point of the Mountain to downtown. I'm not much interested in anything north of North Salt Lake.

Will we have to look at Heber and Kamas to get this? I would not look forward to a Parley's Canyon commute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 12:54 AM

246 posts, read 320,730 times
There are horses on properties in the West Valley - Magna area between 2100 and 3500 South.

The Rose Canyon area of Herriman. Well, a lot of Herriman, but in particular Rose Canyon and High Country Estates.

Bluffdale.

Riverton and South Jordan are losing those areas.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:56 PM

163 posts, read 318,466 times
I see horses in random locations throughout the Salt Lake Valley (both east and west of the interstate), so I did quick check to look at current horse properties for sale in Salt Lake County. Herriman and Bluffdale definitely seem to be the best bet.

There are several properties (more like estates, really) available in Holladay but they all are in the million dollar and up price range. 12 in Herriman. 22 in Bluffdale. 12 in Draper. 9 in Riverton. 15 in Sandy. 9 in South Jordan. 1 in West Jordan. Nothing in Taylorsville. 2 or 3 in West Valley City.

Hope that helps.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:10 PM

388 posts, read 549,138 times
If I had money, was impervious to the LDS influence, had no children and a horse, I would look at Alpine and make sure I never investigated the city master plan (because you just know that today's bucolic Alpine is tomorrow's Herriman). I also think that in Sandy and Draper, the chance of being built in around a horse property is very real, subdivisions in Draper are fast and furious, that field that had a horse 4 yrs ago is now multiple homes. I don't know how you get a horse out onto a busy street is you are near 1300 E or 10600. Wasatch seems $$ enough to be OK but Dimple Dell road looks like it will soon also be subdividers heaven. If you have a horse property I assume you want to be able to access trails. I cannot imagine a million getting you much in Sandy or Draper. Bluffdale is going to be built out really quickly. It would be really prudent to know the local changing codes for such properties if they are changing hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area