Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2008, 09:44 AM

21 posts, read 71,009 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to UT. My hubby's home office will be in WEst Jordan but he will be traveling along I-15 most day to various stores.
I am trying to figure out what towns to look at living in.
We have 5 children ranging from 2-14 and schools and a safe neighborhood are a major concern.

I am loving the DayBreak community but am scared it is out of our price range

We currently live in Mississippi about 5 minutes from Memphis, TN. So I like the small town feeling but am use to the city and a 45 minute commute(an hour depending on traffic).

We are Non-LDS and curse, smaoke and like to have a drink from time to time. What town would be a good fit for us...lol

A friend that lives up there says Layton would be a good choice but all the homes I have seen online in our price range don't seem too appealing to me. We would be renting to start out so we can make sure we like the area before we commit to buying.

Any suggestions would be GREAT!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 03:04 PM

19 posts, read 87,795 times
Layton would probably be a good fit for you socially and financially; however, the commute along I-15 can take MUCH longer than mapquest might tell you. I recommend looking into Kearns or West Valley City. (There's a lot along Bangeter Highway that could be good.)

Old 02-25-2008, 04:21 PM

21 posts, read 65,593 times
The real estate market had skyrocketed in the past 5 years. Although, the foreclosure signs are popping back up again. What price range are you looking at? That will help.
Also, Layton is too far north of West Jordan. Traffic will drive your hubby crazy. West Jordan, South Jordan, Riverton, Herriman, and Bluffdale are all 10 minutes drive to his work. Also, the internet only gives you an idea of the homes. When you move to Utah, work with a real estate agent and give him/her what you are looking for.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:58 PM

10 posts, read 78,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBudsMom View Post
We are relocating to UT. My hubby's home office will be in WEst Jordan but he will be traveling along I-15 most day to various stores.
I am trying to figure out what towns to look at living in.
We have 5 children ranging from 2-14 and schools and a safe neighborhood are a major concern.

I am loving the DayBreak community but am scared it is out of our price range

We currently live in Mississippi about 5 minutes from Memphis, TN. So I like the small town feeling but am use to the city and a 45 minute commute(an hour depending on traffic).

We are Non-LDS and curse, smaoke and like to have a drink from time to time. What town would be a good fit for us...lol

A friend that lives up there says Layton would be a good choice but all the homes I have seen online in our price range don't seem too appealing to me. We would be renting to start out so we can make sure we like the area before we commit to buying.

Any suggestions would be GREAT!!
try looking in west jordan. it is moderately priced and religiously diverse. also, parts of sugarhouse are affordable. that would be around 200 s and 200e slc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area