Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 10:03 PM

27,914 posts, read 29,727,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweetie60 View Post
Just an update - I got the job! And I was VERY fortunate to find a house I loved during my trip up for the final interview, so made an offer on it, and it was accepted (though a nail-biting week later)! So I will have a place to move to once I arrive in Ogden. That was my best-case scenario for someone who has two big dogs! I did find that there are extended-stay residences and apartments that allow pets, but fortunately I will not have to rent first -- especially because I was really not digging the idea of having my dogs stay inside ALL DAY, surely that would cause issues. Anyway, for anyone buying, be aware that things are moving REALLY quickly -- having a house go under contract in ONE DAY is not unusual. So don't bother gathering a list of homes you want to check out more than a couple days ahead of time; chances are they may already have offers by that time. And, some homes list for more than what they will appraise at. So be prepared to have to play the multiple-offer game, and if you have cash to make up the difference between appraisal price and asking price (in case you have to bid against others - who may bid high, but if they have to get a mortgage, the house had better appraise at offer price), you will be better positioned.
Congrats on the job and on finding a place to live. I hope you and your four-legged friends will be really happy here in Utah!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2018, 11:16 PM

23 posts, read 56,990 times
I know this is an older post, but I never saw the replies to my message. We're still in Utah, and still trying to leave. I have a great job and it's pretty here, but it's just not for us. I'd go in to detail, but my honest observations on a different post got certain people in a huff, so I'll refrain. I'm not here to defend my experiences or views. Absolutely no one or nothing could convince us to stay.

I live in Ogden, and worked here, until a promotion that now takes me to SLC every day. I like Ogden more than SL, which is saying something. Now, with the commute, it's even worse. But, I try to stay positive and know I'll leave all this in the rear view mirror eventually... just waiting for the right opportunity. With my current job, I may be getting a promotion/transfer to another state, so fingers crossed!

Old 10-28-2018, 11:03 AM

2,502 posts, read 6,949,523 times
I’m very sorry Utah isn’t for you. In my experience, people either love it or hate it. As a military brat, I have experienced living in many difference states and I can tell you living here takes more getting used to than in other places.

It makes me sad that people dismiss your experiences thus far. I haven’t really had much of an issue living in Utah, but I’m certainly not naive enough to think negative happenings don’t occur.

Best of luck to you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area