Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 07:44 AM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times

Advertisements

5 years ago I definitely would have said the aves but I do not like the demographic changes there what so ever.

Emigration Canyon has some really unique places. Mt Olympus Cove is great as is much of Cottonwood Heights and Pepperwood. Holladay has a few great areas but the periforary is starting to get more and more crime as the South Salt Lake crowd expands south and east.

Draper, Daybreak, Herriman, and much of Riverton are decent if you like the newer suburbia environment.

I actually prefer the area of (East Liberty to Harvard/Yale to 9th/9th) over Sugarhouse.

My next home here will be in Bountiful / NSL bench above Bountiful Blvd but I need likely 2 more promotions for that. I want to feel isolated and living in the mountains yet have relative accessibility to everything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2018, 10:34 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,548,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I want to feel isolated and living in the mountains yet have relative accessibility to everything.
I think that's the problem with Emigration Canyon. 15-20 minutes to the grocery store or pharmacy? I don't find that appealing at all.

Old 12-18-2018, 12:46 PM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
I think that's the problem with Emigration Canyon. 15-20 minutes to the grocery store or pharmacy? I don't find that appealing at all.
Quote:
As far as the most desirable affluent neighborhoods within Salt Lake County, what say those on this forum?
Your only criteria was desirable and affluent both of which I provided are affluent and "desirable" for my criteria. You may want to define what you find as desirable then people can base their suggestions off that.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Your only criteria was desirable and affluent both of which I provided are affluent and "desirable" for my criteria. You may want to define what you find as desirable then people can base their suggestions off that.
I'm not looking for suggestions. I am looking for opinions.

I was offering my opinion on Emigration Canyon. I am not relocating to any of these places at the current time.

Old 12-18-2018, 05:59 PM

2,619 posts, read 7,031,071 times
Quote:
As far as the most desirable affluent neighborhoods within Salt Lake County, what say those on this forum?

Given a choice, would you choose to live in Capitol Hill (Ensign Downs), Greater Avenues (Northcrest, Arlington Hills, Federal Heights), Sugarhouse (Country Club), Holladay, or somewhere else?
Good question, all are nice but very different. I think it's hard to pick a "winner" out of these. That said, Holliday has the nicest "walkable downtown," hands down. Sugarhouse is a close second. I'm disqualifying downtown SLC as a "walkable downtown" cause it's a city downtown, not a town center as usually meant when people want to find a "walkable downtown."

Old 12-19-2018, 08:54 PM

246 posts, read 320,588 times
Quote:

Given a choice, would you choose to live in Capitol Hill (Ensign Downs), Greater Avenues (Northcrest, Arlington Hills, Federal Heights), Sugarhouse (Country Club), Holladay, or somewhere else?
For affluent: Harvard-Yale, 2100 East / 2100 South area, or the mouth of Millcreek Canyon.

Still, if I came back to Utah, I’d go back to Copperton. More deer than people. No pressure from development until the mine closes.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beernik View Post
For affluent...2100 East / 2100 South area...
That area is called 'Country Club' and is part of Sugarhouse.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:56 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,298,103 times
Best places to live along the Wasatch Front?

Here's my list and it mostly takes into account the needs of upper middle class families:

1. Mueller Park in Bountiful.
2. Cottonwood Heights, Salt Lake City.
3. East Fruit Heights.
4. East Farmington.
5. Park City (But you probably have to actually be rich, not upper middle class to live there)
6. Alpine in Utah County.
7. Really, anywhere on the east bench of Salt Lake City.

Here are some communities I would list as "runners up"

1. East Layton
2. North Ogden.
3. The Combe Road area of South Ogden.
4. Riverdale in the Ogden area.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:49 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
That area is called 'Country Club' and is part of Sugarhouse.
I have never thought of the Country Club area as being part of Sugar House. I see it as its own very distinct neighborhood and I suspect the residents there would probably be rather offended to be considered part of Sugar House. That's not saying that Sugar House isn't nice, because it is. But the Country Club area is nothing short of affluent.

Old 12-20-2018, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I have never thought of the Country Club area as being part of Sugar House. I see it as its own very distinct neighborhood and I suspect the residents there would probably be rather offended to be considered part of Sugar House. That's not saying that Sugar House isn't nice, because it is. But the Country Club area is nothing short of affluent.
Country Club is part of the Sugar House Community Council.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area