Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:00 AM

104 posts, read 310,717 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about Pepperwood in Sandy, Utah? We may be moving to the Sandy area and our realtor suggested this neighborhood. I see that it is a gated community, does anyone know about their deed restrictions if any? Also, type of people? lots of kids? family friendly? Diverse in race and religion?

Also, St. John the Baptist elementary school, can anyone comment?

Any feedback is appreciated!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2008, 01:17 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,595,896 times
I've always thought of Pepperwood as being the most expensive housing in Sandy. That might have changed, but I know it's supposed to be a nice area. I personally don't know anyone who lives there. Here's a link to several old posts from City-Data.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:20 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
Very nice area with grand views. I'd live there in a second if I could.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:34 PM

I'm getting that it's very nice but what about the people? Do they come out to play? I need lots of kids! My kids love to play sports outside and start antagonizing each other if friends aren't around. Ha Ha

Old 03-06-2008, 05:07 PM

3 posts, read 15,867 times
St John's is a good school. The public elementary school, Lone Peak, that Pepperwood kids go to is, also, good.

There is no shortage of kids in Pepperwood, and sports is very important in the lives of many of those kids.

Old 03-15-2008, 09:33 AM

259 posts, read 703,847 times
The people do not come out and play there much...I've known many people who live there and have spent a lot of time there. It's a very very wealthy area and even I would say has a bit of an uptight feeling to it. I went to the park there all the time (has a pool and everything for the people to use), and no one hardly ever uses the park, we usually see one or two other people if we are lucky. In the summer, the pool is pretty crowded though frequently. The community itself is beautiful and has great views and quiet streets but....community, not much unless you are an active LDS I suppose. This is just my experience, every neighborhood has streets where no one knows eachother and other streets where they all get together and do things. I will add that it is a good place for kids to run around, big yards, park (that no one uses haha)... and pretty safe. If your kids meet friends at school/church/sports that live there, then I'm sure they'd be just fine!

Old 03-15-2008, 11:39 AM

Thanks Emu for your comments. I really would like a community where kids come out to play and neighbors do things together. I'll have to keep searching!

Old 03-19-2008, 09:08 PM

9 posts, read 52,164 times
Default pepperwood

I grew up in Pepperwood. The place has a stigma of being excessively rich based on outsider's viewpoints. Some kids got their own sports cars to drive to school, but some others rode the bus to school. There are some great people there. I would do it again and I would raise my kids there but can't afford it. My parents, sister's family, and many friends are still there. I recommend it.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:38 PM

494 posts, read 1,897,438 times
There are great deals to be had in Pepperwood right now... There are quite a few homes that are in foreclosure or beginning foreclosure.

Old 06-03-2008, 08:06 AM

4 posts, read 18,937 times
I am very interested in everyone's response since I am also looking in Pepperwood and have my 4 kids enrolled for the new school year in St. John the Baptist. Can anyone comment further on this school? My biggest fear is alienating my kids from their neighborhood friends by not going to the local public school. Is there a specific neighborhood that families from this school tend to go to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area