Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2017, 12:11 PM

52 posts, read 47,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
LOL well it hasn't been "years" since I've discussed any kind of plan. Just never had the actual financial plan in place to make it happen. Obviously you are one of those Cali folks who will join your counterparts re designing the makeup of the city. No surprises there. You can have it your work is already done. Gay mayor and Gay pride day, increases of your beloved gangs and drug wars. Believe me if my plan can finally get executed you'll be more in your element and I more in mine no doubt. It's all good.
So having lived in Cali for a little over 10 years makes me “Cali folk” in your redneck area of the woods? I’m not surprised as your beautifully written posts that litter this forum suggest more than a redneck frame of mind.
I’m thinking you’d probably fit in well in backwoods Idaho where the redneck lifestyle is in full swing.
And yes, your posts from years back have you expressing much interest in getting the heck out of Utah... for YEARS you’ve written about wanting to leave Utah, memory fading on you?
I understand diversity isn’t your thing, you’ve made that abundantly clear. Your anti gay/ anti diversity word puke paints the picture of what and who you are but I think everyone probably had that figured out long ago as most everything you post is just as “uplifting” as the last. Given you have written some decent posts and may have even tried to help people out.
You’ll like deep woods Idaho, no diversity- not a person of color or ethnic variation or at least very few, confederate flags, redneck frame of mind in full bloom, no gay/lgbt community, no gay mayor lol and plenty of other people with your redneck frame of mind to cheerlead you on to newer and greater heights!
Heck, you and I have the same goal, let’s get you out of Utah ASAP! I’ll gladly help you move, that is if you can stand to be around “Cali folk” like myself.
Thing is if you were to meet me in the store you wouldn’t know if I was from California or a Utah native, you’d just see another white guy... the issues would come when you saw my Hispanic wife probably because really what self respecting white guy in your redneck end of the woods would be married to a Hispanic woman?
You probably still prefer that black people sit in the back of the bus don’t you?
Ok, your turn, baffle me with some more of your BS

Old 09-23-2017, 02:33 PM

317 posts, read 652,323 times
There is a lot of focus on attracting businesses and money from outside of Utah, but some here expect anyone who moves here to quit having opinions and hand over all control to those of "pioneer heritage" who "built everything" and "made everything what it is." This usually goes hand in hand with a Dr. Pangloss type view that this is the "best of all possible worlds" so no criticism is valid, even of things like entrenched corruption. So in short, it's "bring your money, now sit down and shut up." The world doesn't work that way... businesses often come with people attached and usually when people buy a house, they expect to live in it. I've always been amused by the people who want the cash and go out of their way to attract it but then loudly revile the people that it brings.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:05 PM

52 posts, read 47,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cedarite View Post
There is a lot of focus on attracting businesses and money from outside of Utah, but some here expect anyone who moves here to quit having opinions and hand over all control to those of "pioneer heritage" who "built everything" and "made everything what it is." This usually goes hand in hand with a Dr. Pangloss type view that this is the "best of all possible worlds" so no criticism is valid, even of things like entrenched corruption. So in short, it's "bring your money, now sit down and shut up." The world doesn't work that way... businesses often come with people attached and usually when people buy a house, they expect to live in it. I've always been amused by the people who want the cash and go out of their way to attract it but then loudly revile the people that it brings.
Excellent point and great post. I thought about erasing my post in answer to Dcisive above as I thought maybe I came accords a little to aggressive, and in fact maybe I did.
I can understand his point of view to a degree and can even empathize, again, to a degree.
The world is changing and it’s never going to be the same as it was... as they say, change is the only constant.
At some point a person has to get over themselves and accept things...new people will move into “their” state and with those new people will probably be new points of view and new ways of seeing old scenarios. Sometimes that’s a good thing and sometimes it’s a bad thing... it’ll still happen whether people like or agree with it or not.
There is a whole world out there for exploring! People should enjoy it while they still can.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:10 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times
I'll end my commentary with a simple comment. If I had a machine that could turn back time, there is NO doubt I'd be turning it back to when I was in SLC in 1978. For those who may be on this board that were alive or living in Salt Lake at the time they would know what I mean. Most others it would seem are perfectly happy with the way it is and is going. I don't consider it a character flaw as you do, to wish that it were as it was. Details of those days aren't necessary (I've outlined them in a long ago thread I participated in). Just that where it is and is going isn't where I wish to go or be. Having said that I'll leave you all to your further discussions on Happy Valley and all its perfect world you view it as.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:15 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
I was 30 years old and living here in Salt Lake City in 1978. There is probably nowhere in the United States where life today is as it was 40 years ago. Yeah, in a way, those were the "good old days," but life is what it is. I'm afraid I simply cannot get worked up about the fact that things change over time. As far as I'm concerned, life in Salt Lake City in 2017 is not bad at all.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:05 AM

54 posts, read 89,986 times
As a bisexual atheist vegan young twink former mormon who has lived in Utah his entire life, I'll be happy with all the Californians we can get. Here's to hoping the gradual shift in politics will eventually yield a slight enough plurality of caring for the environment, leniency with social issues, and a hip nightlife.

Old 09-24-2017, 01:27 PM

914 posts, read 973,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wata-Z View Post
As a bisexual atheist vegan young twink former mormon who has lived in Utah his entire life, I'll be happy with all the Californians we can get. Here's to hoping the gradual shift in politics will eventually yield a slight enough plurality of caring for the environment, leniency with social issues, and a hip nightlife.
Sadly though the lawmakers will remain a more conservative bunch by and large :-( I think even in the two years we were there there was change, however just when you think its moving forward its two steps back.
I think implants in general are a great thing as make for a more diverse and interesting society

Old 09-24-2017, 01:32 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montygirl View Post
I think implants in general are a great thing as make for a more diverse and interesting society
Yes, it absolutely, positively does!

Old 09-28-2017, 03:34 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
This thread has run its course and descended into puerile bickering. Closed.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area