U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2017, 10:29 AM

307 posts, read 805,185 times

Advertisements

In the preliminary, limited research I've done to this point this would seem to be the case but perhaps I'm mistaken ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 10:43 AM

19,450 posts, read 18,675,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
In the preliminary, limited research I've done to this point this would seem to be the case but perhaps I'm mistaken ?
Almost certainly. You need to kind of watch where you buy in West Valley City, though. There are some nice areas, but other areas should be avoided entirely. You might want to send a DM to Geo-Aggie. He lived in West Valley City for quite some time and could undoubtedly tell you more specifically which parts of the city to look in.

Old 10-14-2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Almost certainly. You need to kind of watch where you buy in West Valley City, though. There are some nice areas, but other areas should be avoided entirely. You might want to send a DM to Geo-Aggie. He lived in West Valley City for quite some time and could undoubtedly tell you more specifically which parts of the city to look in.
Thanks for your comment Katzpur, I appreciate it.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:42 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,143,467 times
West Valley City is a big city with many different neighborhoods, which vary in price. Manga, Kearns, and Midvale will likely be cheaper, on the whole, but if you get into the area of WVC around Redweod Road it may be roughly the same. That area can be a bit rougher looking and has a fair amount of crime. Going west past the 215 and near Bangerter the town is rather working-class. Nice enough, but definitely more blue collar than you'll find on the east side. As you get out past 5600 W the city gets rather suburban; big lots, big houses, huge families; It's actually nice and almost indistinguishable from cities like West Jordan or Layton. I liked it, but I probably wouldn't move back.

So yeah, homes in the Redwood side of town will compete with homes in Kearns, Magna or Midvale for cheapest. Granger will cost a bit more, similar to Rose Park or Glendale communities of SLC, and finally Hunter/West Hunter will be similar in price to other newer west-side suburbs.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo-Aggie View Post
West Valley City is a big city with many different neighborhoods, which vary in price. Manga, Kearns, and Midvale will likely be cheaper, on the whole, but if you get into the area of WVC around Redweod Road it may be roughly the same. That area can be a bit rougher looking and has a fair amount of crime. Going west past the 215 and near Bangerter the town is rather working-class. Nice enough, but definitely more blue collar than you'll find on the east side. As you get out past 5600 W the city gets rather suburban; big lots, big houses, huge families; It's actually nice and almost indistinguishable from cities like West Jordan or Layton. I liked it, but I probably wouldn't move back.

So yeah, homes in the Redwood side of town will compete with homes in Kearns, Magna or Midvale for cheapest. Granger will cost a bit more, similar to Rose Park or Glendale communities of SLC, and finally Hunter/West Hunter will be similar in price to other newer west-side suburbs.
I'm intrigued how a person in Southeast Michigan is an authority on residential RE in the SLC metro area ?
But no matter, I do sincerely appreciate the input, thank you sir !

Old 10-17-2017, 09:36 AM

661 posts, read 358,768 times
Quote:
I'm intrigued how a person in Southeast Michigan is an authority on residential RE in the SLC metro area ?
that info is quite literally in the post from katzpur to which you replied.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:49 PM

18,895 posts, read 49,748,977 times
Geo-Aggie spent many years in SLC.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-23-2017, 10:24 AM

1,509 posts, read 1,143,467 times
Quote:
I'm a Salt Laker, currently living in coolest metro in the country (Detroit) . As much grief as I give the SLC region, it's home. It always will be and I may yet move back someday when my kids are a bit older, so I try to keep tabs on the area. Over my life I've lived in Bountiful, Heber, Layton, Logan, SLC and I called West Valley City home from 2012-15. I don't miss WVC, but it's not a terrible place to live for the price. If you don't mind driving everywhere, the areas west of 5600 are quite nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area