U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 12:08 PM

8,482 posts, read 5,638,361 times

Advertisements

Does anyone of the forum live in Heber or Midway? If so what are you general thoughts or observations on living in the area?

I've been offered a job right at the mouth of Provo Canyon on the Orem side. Instead of moving to Utah county (Lehi, Alpine, Highland would be our choice if so) we also want to look at moving to Wasatch county. This would allow my wife to continue to working with her employer and transfer up to the Park City office. If we move to Utah county she would have to leave her employer and find something new.

I've been and driven through Midway/Heber to play golf (best course in the state are there IMO) and go snowmobiling. The access to Strawberry, Jordanelle, and Mirror lake highway would be great as well. I have no insight on to how it is to actually live there. I have coworkers that live in jeremy ranch/pinebrook/summitpark but no connections to the other side of PC.

In general does Midway/Heber take on a more PC culture or more of a Provo/Orem culture? I know historically it was a farming town and still heavily influenced by this but also going away with influx of development. I also know they have a large Austrian/Swiss population (Swiss days) but assume this is also diluted with influx.

Do Midway/Heber get the benefit of the top rated PC school system or are they relegated to a lower quality district?

Anyone make the daily commute through Provo canyon? How is the commute and is there significant risk they close it down like the cottonwoods? I know I80 through Parleys well in the winter is condusive to work commute but no clue on Provo Canyon.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 04:57 PM

243 posts, read 601,306 times
I don't live there, but would love to. Actually Kamas/Oakley would be my jam but whatever. Been to Heber at least 100 times. Commute down the canyon could get a bit dicey in really bad storms but they usually try to keep it pretty clear. Heber has gone from small Utah town vibe (think Payson-ish) to Park city vibe over the last 10-15 years. Costs have risen substantially, especially in Midway. The Heber valley is where Park City is extending to, especially with the airport in Heber where private jets come in and out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area