Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 08:58 PM

25 posts, read 32,900 times

Advertisements

Having lived in Dallas and LA, I've always thought that sprawl outwards was neat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 09:52 PM

272 posts, read 270,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Will be a disaster for west side infrastructure that is already a relative disaster. There needs to be a 215 of the West that connects with i15 and i80 to the north and Lehi/Provo to the south. Bangerter is not it and they have been taking about the Mountain View corridor for a decade with little improvement. Going east / west on the west side near commute hours is a no go.

I think what they should've done was have Mt. View run from Lehi to 134th with a junction connecting it to Bangerter right there because at 134th where Bangerter and Mt. View are only about 100 yards apart from each other. Then moving Northward, have Mt. View head East towards Bacchus alongside, on, or directly above Old Bingham Hwy. Bacchus already runs parallel to Mt. View, but instead of terminating randomly, it goes all the way to 201.

Old 08-06-2018, 12:32 AM

246 posts, read 320,664 times
I worked on the draft EIS for Mountain View for a year, this was back in 2006. Unfortunately, I was never able to convince UDOT that they need to improve suburb to suburb commuting along east-west roads in SLCo. They were still convinced that everyone commutes north-south and east-west is much less important.

Mountain View will run all the way to I-80, at about 5800 West, where the big power lines are. It will run between the Lee Kay gun range and 5600 West, north of SR201. They are building it in phases because of funding. If they waited until they had all the money for the whole project, they wouldn’t be breaking ground for another decade.

On 134th, I believe Bangerter and Mountain View are at least a half-mile apart.

I can tell you that none of the options where Mountain View tied into 8400 West penciled as preferred alternatives. There just isn’t the traffic need out at 8400 West, not the same way there is at 5600 West between 2100 South and I-80. And if the prison & inland port go in north of I-80, there will be more need.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:07 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beernik View Post
I worked on the draft EIS for Mountain View for a year, this was back in 2006. Unfortunately, I was never able to convince UDOT that they need to improve suburb to suburb commuting along east-west roads in SLCo. They were still convinced that everyone commutes north-south and east-west is much less important.

Mountain View will run all the way to I-80, at about 5800 West, where the big power lines are. It will run between the Lee Kay gun range and 5600 West, north of SR201. They are building it in phases because of funding. If they waited until they had all the money for the whole project, they wouldn’t be breaking ground for another decade.

On 134th, I believe Bangerter and Mountain View are at least a half-mile apart.

I can tell you that none of the options where Mountain View tied into 8400 West penciled as preferred alternatives. There just isn’t the traffic need out at 8400 West, not the same way there is at 5600 West between 2100 South and I-80. And if the prison & inland port go in north of I-80, there will be more need.
Yep I think I215 is an example of a highly successful project. If they could add another loop south into Draper than one on the west side you could circumnavigate the entire valley much more efficiently. Bangerter is getting better but still not great. You’re correct the east - west commute far worse than north - south especially in the southern end of the valley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area