U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2018, 02:59 PM

1 posts, read 1,111 times

Advertisements

Hi, we work close to the fairpark north salt lake.

We want to buy a singe family home that will have current basement rental potential and which would have a higher appreciation value in the future. (like most home buyers would want to i guess!!!). Our kid doesn't go to school till another 3 years.

We are looking at Bluffdale as its a bit cheaper right now, but our friends live in West Jordan and cant stop raving about its growth potential and want us to move there.

Commute is the same time for us to both locations , give or take 5 mins.

I want to say Bluffdale has greater potential after the prison moves out in 3 to 5 years, but West Jordan is hot right now (as per my agent)

Would Bluffdale be better investment as its close to Lehi or would West Jordan close to mountain view corridor be better.

Any insights from you wonderful people here would help us a lot.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2018, 11:59 AM

2,586 posts, read 6,541,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilpadev View Post
Hi, we work close to the fairpark north salt lake.

We want to buy a singe family home that will have current basement rental potential and which would have a higher appreciation value in the future. (like most home buyers would want to i guess!!!). Our kid doesn't go to school till another 3 years.

We are looking at Bluffdale as its a bit cheaper right now, but our friends live in West Jordan and cant stop raving about its growth potential and want us to move there.

Commute is the same time for us to both locations , give or take 5 mins.

I want to say Bluffdale has greater potential after the prison moves out in 3 to 5 years, but West Jordan is hot right now (as per my agent)

Would Bluffdale be better investment as its close to Lehi or would West Jordan close to mountain view corridor be better.

Any insights from you wonderful people here would help us a lot.
Are you looking for maximum appreciation or growth? Or both? Or assuming that growth = appreciation? It's not clear to me. Regardless, in many cases places that are built out have greater appreciation because they're built out (scarcity). And I, for one, would stay as far as possible from the super-growth communities. Rapid growth = traffic, inconvenience, trucks, more pollution, more sprawl and a generally gross environment cause of constant construction. But YMMV.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:11 PM

8,476 posts, read 5,635,984 times
Bluffdale likely provides the greater amount of future price appreciation IMO. However I would think it would also be a riskier proposition as well. If they economy does turn then all of the future tech expansion in Lehi/Bluffdale would be put on hold. There likely is downside risk in WV/WJ/SJ but would assume the downside risk in Bluffdale would be greater.

Old 08-06-2018, 01:36 AM

246 posts, read 279,632 times
My opinion, the best parts of West Jordan for growth and appreciation are west of Mountain View. I probably buy in Bluffdale before buying east of Bangerter in West Jordan.

Old 08-21-2018, 06:44 PM

57 posts, read 23,587 times
I live in Bluffdale and it's already growing. Plus I think Bluffdale schools are better. West Jordan is more congested now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area