Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 03:45 PM

51 posts, read 234,780 times

Advertisements

Hello all...

Well my husband has been working in Salt Lake City at the airport for 3 weeks now...we just sold the house here in Colorado, so I am leaving in a couple days to go buy a house out there. We visited Stansbury Park in Tooele county and fell in love with the area. We are small town, country-feeling type of people. The commute for him to the airport will be great. He is currenly staying in Kaysville, which is nice, but way too "city-ish" for us!

Anyway- I know I'll have to drive into Salt Lake for any real shopping, which is fine w/ me! Where is the best mall?? ToysRus? Chuck-e-cheese? Rec. Center?

And- anyone out there from Stansbury Park that could give me some heads up on anything (I have questions on covenents...houses for sale, etc.)

Thanks!
Wendy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2006, 04:06 PM

38 posts, read 157,105 times
I don't live in Stansbury Park, but here are a couple of links that might help:
Stansbury Park Owners Assoc.: http://www.stansburyassoc.org/ (broken link)

Stansbury Park Service Agency: http://www.stansburypark.org/

You can search for homes for sale in SP on (broken link)
Just do a property search for Tooele County and then Stansbury Park. Another good site is (broken link)

Good Luck

Last edited by Yac; 10-23-2006 at 04:50 AM.. Reason: realtor links

Old 10-22-2006, 04:23 PM

38 posts, read 157,105 times
I forgot... the local paper http://www.tooeletranscript.com/ covers the Stansbury Park Owners Assoc. meetings so you can do an archive search.

Old 10-22-2006, 06:10 PM

1,821 posts, read 7,715,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewendan View Post
Hello all...

Well my husband has been working in Salt Lake City at the airport for 3 weeks now...we just sold the house here in Colorado, so I am leaving in a couple days to go buy a house out there. We visited Stansbury Park in Tooele county and fell in love with the area. We are small town, country-feeling type of people. The commute for him to the airport will be great. He is currenly staying in Kaysville, which is nice, but way too "city-ish" for us!

Anyway- I know I'll have to drive into Salt Lake for any real shopping, which is fine w/ me! Where is the best mall?? ToysRus? Chuck-e-cheese? Rec. Center?

And- anyone out there from Stansbury Park that could give me some heads up on anything (I have questions on covenents...houses for sale, etc.)

Thanks!
Wendy
Not the best mall -- but the closest mall will be Valley Fair Mall in West Valley off of I-215. There is a Toys R US across the street. Does Tooele have a Rec Center? Probably does. West Valley has a brand new great Rec Center on 5600 West just off the freeway. Don't know about the Chuck-e-Cheese. I also am not familiar with what's in Tooele so check out those resources. A town with no malls -- maybe I ought to move there with my wife

Old 10-22-2006, 09:09 PM

"A town with no malls -- maybe I ought to move there with my wife"

Hee hee hee....this was actually a big PLUS on my husband's list of pros/cons of stansbury park...

Old 10-23-2006, 09:24 AM

5,323 posts, read 18,215,593 times
There are two Chuck E Cheese locatoins; one in Sandy and one in Orem.

Old 10-24-2006, 07:50 AM

Default Only two?

Only 2 chuck e cheese's???...sheesh...I figured they would be all over in a city with tons of kids. I guess we'll just have to drive a ways!

Thanks!

Old 10-24-2006, 11:11 PM

5,323 posts, read 18,215,593 times
Quote:
Only 2 chuck e cheese's???...sheesh...I figured they would be all over in a city with tons of kids. I guess we'll just have to drive a ways!

Thanks!
You're welcome. I'm up in Idaho where there are also tons of kids and they tried one here and I think it lasted maybe six months?

Last edited by cleosmom; 10-24-2006 at 11:12 PM.. Reason: spelling correction

Old 11-01-2006, 09:52 AM

50 posts, read 594,671 times
Quote:

Thanks!

There's more to life than Chuck E Cheese. What happened to a kid sitting down to eat with his or her family and playing later outside of the restaurant?
Just what the kids need, more exposure to video games!

Old 11-02-2006, 05:02 PM

378 posts, read 1,901,238 times
The Gateway Mall near downtown is my favorite mall. It is an outside type of mall with very nice stores. The fountains there are fun for the kiddies in summer....not so fun right now lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area