U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 11:08 PM

494 posts, read 1,205,890 times

Advertisements

I am looking to move to Daybreak. Does anyone know what the HOA fees currently are for the townhomes? The person at the information pavillion was pretty clueless. I would most likely be looking at the townhomes in Founder's Village by 11400 South due to size (the existing ones Holmes built). Also, does anyone know to what extent Kennecott Land is subsidizing the master HOA fee? It seems like residents get a lot for the $80 master HOA fee. Seems too good to be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 08:58 AM

273 posts, read 851,850 times
I wish I could be more specific, but there are several different monthly assessments in Daybreak depending on where you live. I pay $32 per month but I have a single family home and am not connected to the fiber optic network (my house was built before it was available). I also shovel my own snow and water my own grass. I am thinking your monthly fees in a townhome should be roughly around $100, but that is just a guess. But remember, you get access to all the Daybreak amenities (community gym, swimming pools, tennis courts, lake boats, etc.), plus fiber internet and landscape maintenance for that cost. As inflation takes it toll, the assessments have risen. But mine have only gone up once in two years, and only by $2 per month. Kennecott Land has been doing a lot of work lately re-evaluating and changing contracts with its vendors to reign in costs. They are very sensitive to it and are trying hard to not pass on costs to the homeowners.

I would suggest you stop at the Community Association office across the street from the info pavillion. They will be able to tell you exactly what the assessments will be for the townhouse you want.

Old 07-20-2008, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP525 View Post
I wish I could be more specific, but there are several different monthly assessments in Daybreak depending on where you live. I pay $32 per month but I have a single family home and am not connected to the fiber optic network (my house was built before it was available). I also shovel my own snow and water my own grass. I am thinking your monthly fees in a townhome should be roughly around $100, but that is just a guess. But remember, you get access to all the Daybreak amenities (community gym, swimming pools, tennis courts, lake boats, etc.), plus fiber internet and landscape maintenance for that cost. As inflation takes it toll, the assessments have risen. But mine have only gone up once in two years, and only by $2 per month. Kennecott Land has been doing a lot of work lately re-evaluating and changing contracts with its vendors to reign in costs. They are very sensitive to it and are trying hard to not pass on costs to the homeowners.

I would suggest you stop at the Community Association office across the street from the info pavillion. They will be able to tell you exactly what the assessments will be for the townhouse you want.
Thank you for the suggestion to stop by the HOA office - I didn't even think of that. What was scaring me is the HOA fees for the Carriage Condos (across from the new office building) are $180 a month!

Old 07-20-2008, 10:57 AM

273 posts, read 851,850 times
Don't be shocked if my guess is totally off. It was purely that; a guess. I know the parkside homes pay quite a bit because of the common grassy areas that have to be maintained.

Make sure you get details on what is covered for the fee. There might be common building maintenance and insurance included, which is something you won't have to pay out of your pocket. It is all relative. Just keepo in mind that a lot of things single-family homeowners have to pay for will be covered in your monthly association dues.

As for me, the monthly dues ($42, I was incorrect earlier) are less than I would pay for a family gym membership, so I am saving money already.

Old 07-20-2008, 05:49 PM

702 posts, read 1,370,512 times
I think this development Im in is 150 a month and we have NOTHING for amenities

Old 07-25-2008, 02:58 PM

21 posts, read 54,338 times
I am in a holmes parkside home and ours (quarterly) is $200 something. BUT before you freak, we have a community yard the HOA takes care of. take that away and it is comparable to a regular single family with their own yard. they take care of those themselves, which would cost them the same to maintain...

Old 07-25-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcoombs View Post
I am in a holmes parkside home and ours (quarterly) is $200 something. BUT before you freak, we have a community yard the HOA takes care of. take that away and it is comparable to a regular single family with their own yard. they take care of those themselves, which would cost them the same to maintain...
That doesn't freak me out. The $180 doesn't even freak me out too much, but the management company wouldn't give me Master HOA financial statements or tell me how much Kennecott Land is subsidizing the master HOA. I just don't want to be in a position where I have a $300 HOA fee in the future.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:18 AM

1 posts, read 9,077 times
just be careful with hoa fees, we moved in our townhome in provo in 05 and we started paying 107 its now 144... and the hoa company isnt that good, it will rise i promise because of the economy being so poor right now (and for the next 2 years) they are going to want more money.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:12 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,503,005 times
That is interesting stuff. I remember back when we signed on to move into Rosecrest up in Herriman. I was under the distinct impression that they had reigned in the ability of folks moving in to fail to maintain their property or parade their unsightly motor homes in their driveways along with all sorts of things. Boy was I mistaken.

First they sent out a barrage of letters to folks that had not put their back or side lawns in place. We felt the threatening nature of the letter and took out a loan to finish off our backyard. When others didn't follow suit, and worse yet started storing their RV's in the fronts of their homes as well as one instance where the fool has his old SUV on the back side lawn of his home with NO fence to hide it (another covenant requirement) I phone Sorenson, the folks that run Rosecrest. Low and behold they informed me all of those covenants we signed were just a "suggestion" document and are NOT enforceable. So if someone doesn't abide then "oh well".

I just about put my fist through the phone. What a bunch of inept screwballs running this so called planned development. The city of Herriman's inspectors are just as inept. They allowed my home to be incorrectly stuccoed and it resulted in my having to shell out thousands of dollars for a re stucco the 2nd year of ownership, and the City would not even give the stucco company that botched it a black eye nor insist they make it right. In many other cities and states they would have done so or lost their license. How pathetic is THAT!

They are all out to make a fast buck, and minimize their work involvement. They are by NO means professional nor are they looking out for the consumer, whom they so vigorously attracted to move into their illustrious neighborhood in the first place. I've watched people breaking the building codes with extra structures, sheds and crappy additions with NO impediment from the Herriman inspectors. They are about as bad as it gets. When this economy picks up I might just head out of this place. It's a bad joke. Roaring trucks going by all the time. racing motorcycles rampant down side streets and connectors, pocket bikes and ATV running a muck (which are illegal on the city streets and sidewalks but nobody cares). Yeah....it's organized chaos. I wish you folks in Daybreak a better life. Even if Kennecott is poisoning your water and not mentioning that........

Old 03-17-2009, 06:07 PM

16,388 posts, read 30,653,279 times
Dcisive, that is one of the many reasons I avoid HOAs like the plague - and I stick to old, established neighborhoods. Like my 1921 house in Sugar House, you know what you're getting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area