Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 04:34 AM

33 posts, read 84,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Contact your local humaine society. There is no charge to put down a animal. The vet who told you 200.00 is a greedy punk. I dont know what city you live in since you didnt post it. ALOT of vets are strickly in it for the money & not the animals. Stay away from vets who declaw cats. They are the worse. Also stay away from people who have their cats declawed. They are scum. Cat scratching posts save the furniture.

Unfortunately there is a charge at the humane society for euthanasia of dogs & cats.
We just had to have both of our 17 year old Border Collies put down 4-7-10 and the cost was $65.00 ea. That includes disposal.
Compared to the Banfield Pet Hospital at PetsMart, their charge for both (euthanasia/disposal) was $200.00 per dog.
The people at the humane society are very compassionate and kind, they did all they could to make the situation as best it could be. They do not do medical care though, only vaccinations and spay/ neuter.
We are lucky to have such a great humane society here in SLC. A service well worth supporting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2010, 03:19 PM

4 posts, read 33,249 times
Sorry , i did forget to mention that i live in Salt Lake City and thanks for the advices.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:31 PM

4 posts, read 33,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLWBSW View Post

Unfortunately there is a charge at the humane society for euthanasia of dogs & cats.
We just had to have both of our 17 year old Border Collies put down 4-7-10 and the cost was $65.00 ea. That includes disposal.
Compared to the Banfield Pet Hospital at PetsMart, their charge for both (euthanasia/disposal) was $200.00 per dog.
The people at the humane society are very compassionate and kind, they did all they could to make the situation as best it could be. They do not do medical care though, only vaccinations and spay/ neuter.
We are lucky to have such a great humane society here in SLC. A service well worth supporting.
I took my poodle to the West Valley City animal shelter. They only charged me $25.00. As far as Banfield, they quoted me the $200 you are talking about. They are the same ones that quoted the $800+ surgery my dog needed. But it gets better, If they cuoldn't get their surgeon who travels all over, the bill would go up another couple hundred dollars to get another surgeon, And that was my discount price cause i had the pet insurance. Unfurtanetly, I don't have that kind of money so my poor dog ernded up being put down.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:32 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
So sorry for you. You did the best you could for him and he is at peace and pain-free now. <<hugs>>

Old 03-11-2011, 05:56 PM

1 posts, read 4,262 times
I need a really affordable vet.. the family dog was hit by a car, breaking her hip. its roughly $2000 to get her fixed, and she'd make a complete recovery, but there's no way we can afford that amount. I don't know what to do. I've been searching and searching for an organization that could help with medical bills or anything to help take care of her. She's only 2 yrs old, and a beautiful dog, with an amazing personality. She'd be an amazing charity/service dog, if only given the chance. I'd be happy to let someone take her and help her ... because I'd rather save her life and have her be elsewhere than stay with us and die.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:57 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,527,327 times
So sorry.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:48 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,829,411 times
there is a credit cart for pet care, I think it's called Care Credit. If you can get it and aford it, of course. Have you called the Humane Society or the shelter to ask about surrendering her so she can get care?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area