Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2009, 06:24 PM

7 posts, read 11,387 times

Advertisements

I am really really stressed i have been renting a basement from a friend for the past year and last week he tells me his very young daughter is pregnant and her mother put her out so she needs to move in and i need to move out,,, ... i have been looking on craigs list ksl , etc and there is NOTHING even remotely close to what i can afford ,... i don't understand people are asking prices for single bedrooms what used to be for a one or two bedroom apartment ,,.. i have to be out by next month and i am not even close to finding any thing good i spent almost 150 last time i moved with just app fees alone i cant afford that this time.... any area will do its just me i work full time , i don't party or drink no pets and I'm very quiet and enjoy my privacy a perfect place for me would be a basement residence with my own bathroom and bedroom for 600.00 or less anyone got any ideas??? or suggestions ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 06:54 PM

8,440 posts, read 13,440,097 times
Question Can You Post Ads About What You Are Looking For?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdams4 View Post
I am really really stressed i have been renting a basement from a friend for the past year and last week he tells me his very young daughter is pregnant and her mother put her out so she needs to move in and i need to move out,,, ... i have been looking on craigs list ksl , etc and there is NOTHING even remotely close to what i can afford ,... i don't understand people are asking prices for single bedrooms what used to be for a one or two bedroom apartment ,,.. i have to be out by next month and i am not even close to finding any thing good i spent almost 150 last time i moved with just app fees alone i cant afford that this time.... any area will do its just me i work full time , i don't party or drink no pets and I'm very quiet and enjoy my privacy a perfect place for me would be a basement residence with my own bathroom and bedroom for 600.00 or less anyone got any ideas??? or suggestions ....
Kdams4,

I'm very sorry for your situation. It may help if you could tell us what county, or neighborhood you're presently in. I do realize you are asking for help wherever you can get it. But, it may make a difference if you are in Weber County vs. Salt Lake County.

I posted a couple of weeks ago about a landlord/tenant situation. I got in touch with the realty board. I posted in that link the guide for real estate leasing in UT (residential and business). You may want to look at it to see if everything has been done as it should be. Just make sure your rights have been acknolwedged and followed. I'd recommend calling the realty board if they haven't been. Also, while I do realize at best you may be just giving yourself more time - if something wasn't handled correctly about your notification of needing to move, your deposit refund etc., prices in rentals are coming down. Besides, even having 2 more weeks or so would help you get a better sense of control over the situation.

Meanwhile, besides the county (if it matters) - Davis County commuting to SLC may not matter, for example - would be helpful. It sounds like you'd be an ideal renter in many ways. Can you put an add on Craigs list of "rental wanted?" I think you can on KSL and describe yourself and your price range. Lots of people who wouldn't have rented out before may now, as that extra $500/month can help pay a lot of bills.

If I can find anything, I'll post or send you a DM. I know it is tough to hear this right now, but try to hang in there. It was amazing to me how many more business rentals were on the market on 01/01/09 than in Dec. Leases expire all the time.

Can you look at a sub-lease from someone? Do you work in a business large enough that you may have contacts through work of others who may have a basement to rent in their neighborhood etc.? If you have a bulletin board at work, can you place a "wanted to rent," kind of ad about yourself?

Hang in there...........I know there will be an answer somewhere/ somehow. Have confidence you and the right friends will find it for you.

MSR

Old 01-17-2009, 12:17 PM

515 posts, read 2,323,899 times
I don't get why you are having a problem - there is lots of stuff on Craig's list in your price range. For example:
LOVELY HOME FOR RENT (http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/apa/996619087.html - broken link)
Great Downtown Location ! (http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/apa/996574413.html - broken link)
Cute, clean, quiet 1 Bedroom Apartment (http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/apa/996435136.html - broken link)
Large Apartment in 8-Plex by University & Downtown (http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/apa/996110318.html - broken link)
Cute and Cozy Apartment with Electricity included (http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/apa/996107068.html - broken link)

And if worse comes to worse, there are room rentals, many with your own bath for less than $600 & you could do this at least temporarily if you can't find an apartment.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:40 PM

2,502 posts, read 6,973,917 times
Here are some on KSL
ksl.com - KSL Homes Listing

This one is 610. Not much more, but looks very nice.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=475...sort=&keyword=

A studio apt for 450.00

I also found one in Midvale.

I think you should have no trouble finding another place.

Good luck!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:31 PM

7 posts, read 11,387 times
oh thank you for all the helpful posts and yes i have been on craigs list but was very very upset as to the amount of maddness and over seas scams that found there way to my email even jerks with fake apartments etc trying to pry me of my information but im on it i will find something thanks again for the post have a great one to all..... bye for now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area