Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area
 [Register]
Salt Lake City area Salt Lake County - Davis County - Weber County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 04:43 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
Activities on Sundays and Monday nights, when most LDS are engaged in church or church-supported activities, as well as what frogandtoad mentioned. Language tends to be a bit looser, less of the fetch/fudge and goodness to me and more of what that stands for. A BBQ on a pleasant Sunday late afternoon with beer or beer-marinated chicken comes to mind.
Well, then, Taboo's comment ("avenues, sugarhouse, Sandy, Cottonwood heights and anything on the east side of downtown is best for non mormon action") is inaccurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 04:51 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
Huh? All that happens in my Sugar House neighborhood.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:42 PM

2,160 posts, read 7,515,132 times
Quote:
Activities on Sundays and Monday nights, when most LDS are engaged in church or church-supported activities, as well as what frogandtoad mentioned. Language tends to be a bit looser, less of the fetch/fudge and goodness to me and more of what that stands for. A BBQ on a pleasant Sunday late afternoon with beer or beer-marinated chicken comes to mind.
Or a quick trip to Wendover...

Old 02-08-2009, 09:32 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Huh? All that happens in my Sugar House neighborhood.
Of course it does. It happens in my Cottonwood Heights neighborhood, too. It also happens in West Valley City, Rose Park, South Jordan and all of the neighborhoods on the West Side. Anybody who wants to can find "non-Mormon action" anywhere in the city they want to live. While certain neighborhoods have a higher concentration of LDS people, I don't believe it's accurate to say that more "non-Mormon action" takes place on the East Side than the West. As a matter of fact, a realtor friend of mine once told me that Holladay (whic, as you know, is on the East Side) is generally not considered to be particularly "non-LDS friendly." Of course, she wouldn't say that to a prospective client; apparently she can't legally do so, but she did tell me.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 AM

3,257 posts, read 6,127,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, then, Taboo's comment ("avenues, sugarhouse, Sandy, Cottonwood heights and anything on the east side of downtown is best for non mormon action") is inaccurate.
Definintely happenned in Sandy since that is where my local yokels were from and my INlaws are buying a second house in the Avenues and generally speaking *and they did live there for 10 years* the east side was less mormony then the west side. They also lived in West Bountiful and that just speaks for itself.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:14 PM

46 posts, read 135,549 times
Thank you so much alexei27! You were very helpful. It's looking like we will be moving in the start of April. And we will be taking another trip over in a few weeks. We will definitely have Layton on the list. Thank again!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mktavish View Post
You might want to consider Magna for the outskirts of town/country feel ... there are some decent homes with pretty big yards , and the commute down 201 into salt lake is fairly painless compared to the I-15 commutes. As for crime , it is fairly average over the whole valley there , with it being more seedy in the glendale area ... wich is just south of Rose park. Rose park is actually a pretty nice community , compared to some.
Oh ,one bad thing about magna is the water though ... but with a filter system it tastes just as good as anywhere else.
I haven't heard of Magna before. How far away from SLC is it?

Old 02-09-2009, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I know there are people who are very happy in Magna, but you could not get me to live there if my life depended upon it.
Why would you not live there?

Old 02-09-2009, 08:38 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,482,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachee3 View Post
Thank you so much alexei27! You were very helpful. It's looking like we will be moving in the start of April. And we will be taking another trip over in a few weeks. We will definitely have Layton on the list. Thank again!
You would love Layton. Lived there for 16 years and worked there too. Very pretty, has the mall, any other shopping you would like and restaurant row.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:03 AM

54 posts, read 512,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachee3 View Post
I haven't heard of Magna before. How far away from SLC is it?

Magna is about 10 miles due west down 21st south from state st ... the 201 highway (old I-80 connection) makes the commute rather quick to get there. It was basically the old miners town for Kennecott copper mine.And has some ramshackle area's. But has branched out quite a bit with some newer home developements. Some people think its going to become the new parkcity , with ski resorts in the Oaker mountains ~shrug~ who knows though.
It has long had the reputation in the saltlake valley for just being a red neck town. I like the place though ,,, meh maybe im a red neck.
It kinda has the feeling of a small town , people drive a little slower , and usually wave at each other. The high stress you find in alot of the other area's around salt lake ... is not prevalent there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah > Salt Lake City area